♪Battlefield♪;{JONAS The t.v show} Episode Two

♪The seven things I hate about you

The seven things I hate about you

Oh you

You're vain, your games

You're-♪

I reached over and pressed the snooze button on my phone and groaned. 3, 2, 1...

"Rayne Sanchez! Wake up, it's time for school!" My mom shouted as she opened my door, the light from outside shining into my dark room. "Mom.. Go away.." I mumbled, pulling the sheets over my head. "Rayne!" She pulled the curtains open and stomped over to my bed, pulling the covers off of me.

"Rayne, school is in an hour. Now get ready and put on your uniform." I opened one eye and looked at her. "Uniform? Mom, you never said anything about a uniform!" My mother smiled brightly, her brown eyes sparkling excitedly. I huffed, not wanting to upset my mother, and sat up. "Alright, I'll be down in twenty." Her eyes softend and she walked over, placing a kiss on my head. "Gracias, mija." I smiled and returned the kiss on her cheek and she left the room. I slid out of bed and went into the bathroom.

When I came out, I looked at the white, wooden chair that was in the corner, and sure enough, there sat the red and grey Horace Mantis Academy uniform. I rolled my eyes. No wonder my mom was so excited; it was a skirt. Gag. Don't get me wrong, I love skirts and all, but the academy's was just plain boring. I sighed and stripped down, slippingon the school uniform. When I looked at myself in the mirror, I saw that it was actually cute. After applying mascara, lipgloss, grey eyeshadow and a little bit of blush, I put on a red headband, keeping my dark curls out of my face.

Cheesily, I walked downstairs, my backpack slung around my shoulder. "Alright, I'm ready to go!" My mother came out of the kitchen and looked me over, relieved. I think she was happy that I wasn't trying to change or alter the uniform in any way - yet. "Oh, let me take a picture!" My mother exclaimed.

I blushed faintly and shook my head. "Ma! I'm gonna be late!" She dragged to the staircase and told me to hush, so I obeyed. Quickly, she snapped a few shots, then snatched her keys off the table.

When we arrived at the school,mother parked in front of the main entrance and turned to me. "You going to be okay?" I flashed her a confident smile, despite the sudden flock of butterflies in my stomach, and nodded. "Of course!" Even though it was the middle of the school year. Sucks, right? I smiled and leaned over, kissing her cheek. "See you later, ma. I love you." She smiled and winked at me, giving my arm a light, encouraging squeeze. "Good luck, mija. I love you, too." I opened the black Tahoe's door and hopped out. I turned and waved at her before running into the building. I still needed to go to the office and get my schedule and locker assignment and books.

In the office, I was taken care of by the nicest person I've ever met, in an office that is. She was a quick one too. In five minutes, she had everything I needed. "Now, all you need is a guide.." She pressed her lips in thought, glancing around the office. A bright smile formed at her lips as she waved someone over. "Kevin, sweetheart, can you come here for a moment?"

I turned to see a boy who was a couple inches taller than I was. He had curly hair, wonderful brown eyes and a cute smile. He must be a senior. "Yeah, Candice?" He asked polietly as I stared at him.

"Would you be kind enough to show Rayne, the school's newest addition, around the school and to her locker for the day?" Candice asked sweetly. Kevin smiled brightly and looked down at me. "Of course." He held out his hand. "I'm Kevin Lucas." I smiled and shook his hand. "Rayne Sanchez. And thanks for saying yes." He chukled softly and nodded.

"Alright, let's go find your locker so we can put those books away. Here, let me take them." I was about to protest when he took them from me. "Okay, read me your locker number." I looked down at the paper I was handed and pulled a stray hair behind my ear.

"357?" When he didn't reply, I felt foolish, thinking I said a number that didn't exist. But when I looked up at him, he was grinning ear to ear. "That's right next to my locker!" I mimicked his smile. "Really!" He nodded and led me down the halls. When we found my locker, I quickly turned the dial and stacked my books inside.

"Thanks, Kevin. Really." He smiled and gently patted my back. "No problem, Rayne. Anything for a new friend." My face lit up. My mom would be so excited to hear I already had a friend.

"Well, let's see your schedule..Oh!" He held the paper up to his nose. "We have first period together!" I blinked.

"Which class is that?" He looked down at me, handing me the paper. "Gym. I hope you won't try to hit me." I laughed softly. "Why would I try to hit you? You've been so nice to me," I said. He was about to respond when someone called his name.

A boy with slightly longer hair, and straighter, than Kevin's walked up to us. "Kev, Nick wants to know if your staying after school today." He looked down at me. "Oh, who's this?"

"Joe, this is Rayne. She's new in school and I'm her tour guide. Rayne, this is Joe. This is my younger brother." I smiled and held out my hand.

"A pleasure, Joe." Joe smiled and shook my hand.

"The pleasure's all mine, Rayne."

"Oh, and yeah, I'll stay after school today. Hmm, do you want to join us, Rayne?" Kevin asked. I bit my lower lip and shrugged. "Sure, why not. I've got nothing better to do." Yet. But why pass up the oppurtunity to hang out with new friends? Plus, they were cute. The bell rang, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, crap," Joe said, "I better get going. See you guys at lunch!" Then he ran off. Kevin grabbed my arm and closed my locker for me.

"Let's get to gym and kick some butt!" I laughed as he pulled me down the hall to the gym.