Recovery

"Jinora, cmon you got to get up!" Ikki shouted, shaking Jinora. Jinora's eyes fluttered open and saw Ikki. She shot up and embraced Ikki, tears rolling down her face. Almost immediately an impossible pain shot through Jinora's spine. She wailed in agony and laid back down. Ikki stroked her face.

"You got hit pretty badly. I was there in time to see it after someone crashed into the girl's dormitory. Korra says the pain will last a while, but hopefully you'll be back in peak condition by this weekend." Ikki said smiling.

"Korra is here?" Jinora said smiling.

"Yeah. After her and Asami got engaged they decided to come back to Republic City to start planning. She did some mega healing guru stuff on you. I hope it worked." Ikki said.

Jinora slowly sat back up, wincing through the pain. She swung her legs over the side and tried to stand up. She couldn't feel her legs and collapsed on the bed. Ikki pouted.

"Korra said that might happen. Electrocution is some serious wack a do stuff. Korra said it should wear off soon enough. For now you get to use Korra's old wheelchair! Or I guess you could just airbend yourself around, but that's no fun." Ikki said. She helped Jinora into the wheel chair and Jinora thanked her. Jinora had some business she had to take care of.

Jinora rolled herself through the halls of the Air Temple. She looked at the people training in the gardens. Occasionally someone would wave to her. She guessed the news had spread through the temple. What did Ikki say? Hopefully not anything about Shina. She hated her but she definitely didn't want Shina to get targeted. Jinora found herself in the main hall. Korra was talking to an airbender. When Korra saw Jinora, she ran over and embraced her.

"Oh I'm so glad you're awake. It's been three days!" Korra said. Jinora's eyes widened.

"Three days!" She called. Korra laughed. 

"It's ok. And we told everyone you just hit a power line. No one knows about the incident." Jinora was relieved. Jinora's eyes sunk to her legs. Useless.

"Hey. I had the same thing happen to me and I'm the avatar! It'll get better." Korra said smiling. Jinora forced a smile and told Korra she needed some alone time. She wheeled herself to the tree and lowered herself to the grass. She leaned against the tree and closed her eyes. Tears streamed down her face. What can I do now? Kai still thinks Shina is an angel and I'm completely useless. What if I can never walk again? Jinora heard footsteps behind her and didn't bother to open her eyes.

"I think you dropped something."