Reunion

Jinora stood in the doorway, her mouth dropping. Kai was still a head taller than her, but he looked so much older. He still had his standard haircut, his beautiful green eyes, but he also had his airbending tattoos. How much had Jinora missed.

Kai turned to looked at the door and he looked stunned when he saw Jinora standing there.
"J..I...Jinora??!" He yelled. He ran and embraced her, lifting her and spinning her in a circle. Jinora laughed so hard tears welled in her eyes. He stopped spinning and they just sat there for a moment.

"I'm so happy to see you. I didn't know if you were ever coming back." Kai said, slowly letting Jinora down. Jinora blushed and pulled her hands behind her back, Kai rubbing his neck like he always did when he was embarrassed. They locked eyes for a while, until someone leaned on Kai's shoulder.

"So who's this?" They said. She pulled off her helmet revealing her long brown hair. She was simply stunning. Kai smiled.

"This is Jinora... Jinora this is my teammate, Shina." Shina smiled and shook Jinora's hand.

"So subtle, I would have said more than teammates." Shina said laughing. Jinora blushed and Shina noticed. She looked at Kai and then back at Jinora. "Oh... I'll let you two talk." Shina put her hands up to indicate it wasn't her fault and back away to talk to the reporters who had flooded the booth.

"More than teammates?" Jinora said, her voice faultering. Kai rubbed his neck.

"It's nothing serious like that. We've only been like dating dating for a week." Kai grabbed Jinora's hand and looked at Shina. "Jinora I didn't know if you were coming back. It's been five years... If I would have known..." Jinora cut him off.

"No. I understand. I would have done the same." Jinora plastered a smile on her face. She did understand. Kai was a good looking guy, how could she expect that he could stay single? If it had been the other way around Jinora would have done the same if she was given the opportunity. But, Jinora was devestated. Who else would ever want to be with her? Kai was the first to ever look past her books and crazy family. Kai broke her concentration.

"Once you get to know Shina you'll love her. She's amazing. Wanna come get some dinner with us?" Shina rejoined him, linking her arm in his.

"You know, I've been gone a while. I should catch up with the family. Maybe another time." Jinora waved goodbye to them and walked out to join Ikki. Jinora was heart broken. Ikki put her arm across her.

"I thought it would be better from him than me." Ikki said quietly.

"Yeah." Jinora said as the two walked out of the arena.