twelve

I step out of the bus and I turn, grabbing Allie's hand. She holds it tightly and I sigh. She lifts our hands and kisses my knuckles, whispering that she's here for me. We walk down the sidewalk and I lead her down to my dad's house, my step siblings outside on the lawn.

"Hey Lou," I say, his body turning.

"Haz, I'm glad you made it," he says, moving towards me. He hugs me quickly before his sisters start to hug me. His mom married my dad when I was sixteen. I only was close to him, none of his sisters, and now it's weird seeing how grown everyone is.

"This is my girlfriend, Allie," I tell them, their waves and welcomes bringing a smile on her face.

"We didn't know if you wanted two separate rooms, so we set up two rooms, but you are more than welcome to share," Louis explains, my head nodding.

"Is, um, my mom and sister here?" I ask, his lips releasing a sigh.

"Gem was here yesterday, but your mom is helping mine with everything," he then explains, my hand tightening around Allie's.

"So she's here?" I reiterate, his affirmation being she's inside.

I sigh, leading Allie into the house. "You'll be okay Harry. Remember, she's your family," Allie whispers, my head nodding.

When we get inside, I hear Joanna yelling for Louis to help her, but I step in instead.

"Uh, it's me," I say, my mother then turning in shock.

"Haz?" she whispers, grabbing her chest. I nod and before I know it, Allie lets go of my hand as my mom collides into me. She hugs me close and I hug her back, not knowing what else to do.

"How is my baby boy?" she asks, my hands holding her back.

"I've been better mom. How are you?" I ask, her head lifting.

"Worried about you. I didn't know we'd lose each other. I'm so sorry," she says, my head nodding.

"It's okay," I tell her. "I've grown up and become independent. But I want you to meet my girlfriend."

She smiles and turns to Allie, the two introducing themselves. "I don't want to sound so horrible, but...Jess? She's not..."

I shake my head. "Long over mom. She's way out of my life."

She nods and reaches towards me. "Your sister...she's been trying to find you."

I frown and Allie grabs my hand, her warm fingers soothing my tense muscles.

"Why? She's the one who never wanted to see me again," I recall, her sigh heard.

"You haven't seen or been with us in years. We were starting to worry and we miss you. You're our family," my mom explains, her eyes welling with tears.

"The only reason I didn't stay in contact was because I thought no one wanted me. I was a wreck; changed. But now I will stay. I'll talk with you all," I say, her smile growing. But I hear running and a little girl runs into the kitchen.

"Nana!" she squeals, her body running at my mom. She lifts the little girl and I frown, my heard turning when I hear someone behind me.

"Haz," my sister breathes out, her blonde hair new and her body different since the last time I saw her. She's no longer a stick, but rather has curves.

"Gemmy," I say, her arms flailing around me. I hug her close and she stays in my arms, my lips releasing a deep breath.

"Mommy," I hear the little girl say, Gemma pulling away.

"What's up, baby girl?" she asks, my eyes widening. My sister has a child. I've been gone for too long.

"Will we have food?" she asks, my hand running through my hair. Allie grabs my hand and she looks at me, but I just shake my head. I need air; so overwhelmed.

"Outside, Harry," Allie rushes, her hands leading me out into the backyard. She sits me down and steps between my legs, her hands holding my cheeks.

"It's a lot to take in," I say, her head nodding. She runs her hands through my hair and I close my eyes, her lips pressing to my forehead.

"I'm a fucking uncle, Allie. I-I knew she got married, but...she has a child. Holy-" I cut myself off, shaking my head.

"Harry, take some deep breaths," she tells me, my hands grabbing the back of her thighs. I lean my forehead against her chest and close my eyes. I'm so shaken up; in the dark about my own family.

"I need you to stay," I tell her, her hands lacing together on the base of my neck. "You're keeping me sane. I've never needed someone so much before."

She rests her head on mine, holding me close. "I won't ever let you go," she whispers, my hands holding onto her.

I lift my head and she kisses my lips lightly, her hands holding my cheeks. "Now, how are you feeling?" she asks, pulling away. But I pull her back and she laughs, kissing me once more before I stand up.

"Let's walk around for a while," I tell her. "Show you my old hangouts."

She nods and takes my hand, the two of us starting to walk. We stay close together and I point out all these places I used to hang out at, then I stop at a familiar alley way.

"Oh my God, I forgot this place," I smile, recalling all the stories I'd hear. Writing is still littering the bricks; names in hearts and then tallies of times they've been there.

"It looks like lover's lane," she laughs, my head tilting to look down at her.

"It's make-out valley," I smile, her smile so bright.

"Have you ever been here?" she wonders, my head shaking.

"Nah, I wasn't much for this kind of stuff. Louis was though," I laugh, pointing to the LT and EC on the wall.

"He was obsessed with this girl. Eleanor I think," I tell her, looking back down. But what takes me by surprise is when she hooks her hand around my neck and presses her mouth to mine.

I smile and pull her close as we kiss, her hands touching over my neck. By the time we pull away, we're laughing and I grab the back of her head. I kiss her hair and she turns around. She looks around and then pulls something out of one of the bricks. A permanent marker is in between her fingers and I watch as she opens it.

I step behind her and she writes H <3 A on the wall, my lips pressing to her cheek.

"You're mine. It's on the wall now," I tell her, her smile beautiful.

"Oh, baby. You've always been mine."

~*~*~*~

Hey Loves!!

Please VOTE COMMENT and SHARE!!!!

Much Love!! <3 xoxo