14~ Moment, Frozen.

|VOTE & COMMENT|

The sound of the door bell echoed through the manor. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and rushed down the never ending case of stairs to the giant double doors.

Normally I wouldn't have to answer the door myself. But Haden still hadn't called back the workers, which meant I still had to do the dirty work. Who knows why he gave them time off! Maybe he was seeming to seduce me and take advantage of me, or maybe he wanted to .... Chills ran down my spine at the thought of it. No one would hear me even if I screamed for help.

God.. please don't let that be the reason. I begged looking up at the imaginary god as I pulled the heavy doors open.

The bright midday light cracked through the slit and fell on me. The yellow light almost blinded me. Something small collided into me. Slender arms wrapped around my neck and legs wrapped around my waist. "I missed you so much" A squeaky voice said with a strong Australian Accent. I let go of the gold metal door handles and wrapped my hands around the girl's back, squeezing her in a tight hug. She was here. She was finally here to see me.

"Ok.. you can get off me now" I whispered. I heard her sniff. Was she crying?

Her legs unwrapped and she completely let go of me. Her glossy brown eyes looked straight into mine. She sniffed again, her eyes were glossy with tears and she looked as if she was about to cry.

It has been around six years since I've seen my best friend. All through primary school, high school, till now. She was there with me through the dark and the bright days.

Looking at her now, it surprised me how much she hadn't changed. She was still significantly smaller than I was, almost childlike. She was around five foot tall, and by the looks of it she hadn't grown taller at all. Her heart shaped face and brown long fringe-cut hair made her look like she was still 15. She knew that she looked much younger than she actually was and she had fun with it. Something told me that she was a freak.

"Don't tell me you didn't miss me, you- you fucking jerk!" She huffed. I could not help but laugh at her action. She elbowed me in the gut before walking in to the house. I missed her.

"That's not nice you know" I said clearing my throat.

"I'm sorry.." she said making a puppy dog 'I didn't mean it' face. Boy wasn't she good at it.

She stood in front of me in a pink short dress and white heels that made her at least 3 inches taller than she was. She tilted her head up, looking around the large room. "This place is massive!"

"Yeah, I know" I said walking up next to her. "Want a tour?" I asked..

"Hell yeah!!"

"Where do you want to go first?" I asked looking down at her as we walking down the hall.

"um... garage!"

"Why there?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Because.... I saw a Bentley parked outside and something tells me that this guy is loaded enough to own more. Hashtag, need-to-see."

I laughed, "fine.. but there is a problem.." I said, scratching the back of my head. "I don't know where it is..."

She stood for a moment, frozen. Then started to laugh uncontrollably, "You are so...Fine." She paused, "Hey, by the way," her tone turned serious, "This guy you are engaged to, what is he like?"

"A complete ass hole" I replied.

"I want to meet him. If my best friend is going to get married, the maid of honour should at least meet the groom."