18

Frost

"She strode over to me slowly as I watched her straight blonde hair sway against her shoulders. She was tall and had legs for days, part of the reason why I was attracted to her. "Like what you see?" She asked as she stood before me. I grinned and reached for her thigh from where I was sat.

Present

"Hello.. Dom?"

The sound of Melissa's soft voice snapped Frost out of his thoughts. He was thinking back to the night he had met Zoe and how that one day paved the way for his current cursed life situation.

"Did you hear what I said?" She questioned with a raised brow. He shook his head and she let out a sigh frustrated from his recent lack of attention. To say Frost was distracted lately was an understatement. She hadn't seen him for a few weeks; Zoe was occupying their potential time together and there was nothing she could do. She was taking her place and slowly but surely, Melissa was being pushed out of Frost's life - and not by choice.

"Should I go?" Melissa questioned with a sigh. Frost's eyes snapped onto her in an instant.

"Of course not. Stay, please." He pleaded with his eyes and she nodded.

"What were you thinking about?" Although she knew the answer, she wanted to be sure.

"Everything." He answered bluntly. You could tell by his face that he was exhausted and the baby wasn't even here yet.

"Talk to me." Melissa smiled hoping it'll assure him that it'll all be okay.

"I don't want to spend our time discussing her. This is our time. Let's talk about you, how is work going?" Frost switched the conversation and she made a mental note to question him again later.

"It's going fine I guess,  just busy with the new bride-to-be." Melissa shrugged not knowing what else to say.

"That's good! Have you been keeping up with your sessions?" He pressed on and she rolled her eyes. In all honestly, Melissa hadn't gone to see Dr. Harping in almost a month now. With work being busy and her worrying about Frost, she just didn't have the time or frame of mind for it. 
"I take that as a no. You're going tomorrow!" Melissa rolled her eyes again, this time adding in a grunt to show her displeasure.

"I'm not going. At least not for a while." Getting up from the couch, Melissa grabbed her bag and headed towards the door.

"Are you leaving?" Frost questioned as if offended.

"Yes. I'm tired and have a long day tomorrow. Goodnight Dominic." With that she slipped her feet into her shoes and walked out, leaving Frost behind, calling after her.

Melissa

The next morning I was out looking for some flowers for Natasha's wedding. Although she had a portfolio full of ideas, I wanted to give her some options just incase she saw something that she may have liked.
"Pleasure seeing you here." I turned to the voice behind me and came into view with Zoe.

"Is it really?" My brow rose in question. I sensed that this was no coincidence; was she tracking me?

"I think it is. Can we talk?" She smiled as she rubbed her baby bump. I grabbed the bouquet of flowers and turned away from her towards the till. "Let me pay first."
What could she possibly want from me? She's already taking over my life. I paid for the flowers and headed over to her.
"What's this about?" I asked hoping she'd get straight to the point.