17

"Where are you off to?" Santana questioned as I headed towards the door. "To see Dr. Harping." She nodded and I headed on out.  I had decided to get back to my counselling sessions as I needed to continue with them, especially now of all times. It had been about a fortnight since I had seen Frost. After saying those three words to him, he hadn't called or texted me and I was starting to think it was for the best. Maybe I scared him off. I mean, we hadn't known each other that long, yet for some reason a deeper part of me longed for him. On the other hand he may just be staying away from me because he doesn't feel the same. Probably living it up with his pregnant other - buying tiny little clothes and baby stuff for his unborn. The thought of it all made me upset and sadly there was nothing I could do about it.

"I haven't seen you in a while, did you go on a holiday?" Tasha asked me as I approached her desk. "Something like that. Is Dr. Harping in yet?" I questioned, trying not to stare down at Frosts's door as if it would magically open. "Yep, he's expecting you so you can go right in." I nodded before thanking her then walked off towards Dr. Harping's room. Passing Frosts's door, I could hear him inside on the phone to someone. I was tempted to knock and enter just to see him but remembered he hadn't been making an effort to reach out to me recently. I mean, he's the one with the potential baby on the way. If he really cared then he would be doing any and everything to make us work. "Ah! Miss Craw good evening." Dr. Harping greeted as I entered his room. "It's been a while." I said smiling. "Indeed it has. Please, sit." He gestured to the couch and I sat down on the smooth fabric. "How have things been?" I sighed not knowing where to start, so I just spilled it all at once. "My crazy ex is back and I don't know why. The man I have feelings for and thought I had potential to grow and build with has - well might have - a baby on the way with a past lover. I feel alone and I really don't know how to cope with it all." His brow rose, taking it all in as he filled in his notepad. "Let's start from the top. Your ex.. Have you spoken at all?" I nodded and explained the wedding and the ordeal at the club a few weeks back. "Have you had a discussion about his motives as to why he is here?" I shook my head no. "Maybe that would be the first step?" He asked and I shook my head again, forcefully this time. "He's a psycho. I can't trust he won't do something crazy!" Again, he wrote some notes down. "Miss Craw I believe you need closure. Your past with him may not have been healthy, but your future with or without him in it, can be. Take small steps, meet in public and go from there. Even if it is just the one meeting where you can ask the questions you need." I shrugged and thought about it. Maybe he was right. I did need closure after all and if he was the same Kevin as he was from years back, then he would have done something already. I didn't care to have him in my life, but I did want to know what his motives were now. "You mentioned someone you have feelings for?" He questioned, moving the topic to Frost and I. "It's complicated. He's he first man I've cared for in years. He opened up to me about his childhood and things were going well, now some other woman is claiming he's the father to her unborn child. He's denying it and a part of me believes him but I don't know. I told him I loved him and he didn't even mutter a word. I don't know where I stand with him anymore." He nodded taking it all in as I sat there twiddling with my thumbs. "Do you want to be with him?" He asked. "Yes, of course. I just don't know how I'll be able to handle being with him if the baby does turn out to be his. It's one thing playing stepmom, but having another woman in the picture is difficult." He nodded and wrote some more crap down on the paper. "You need to have a discussion with him about it all. Discuss the possible outcomes of what would happen to your relationship be it if he turns out to be the father or not." I nodded in agreement. He was right but I wasn't planning on reaching out to Frost first. After all, he is the one that ghosted after I told him I loved him.

Frost

Driving through the streets, I thought about my life and where things stood. I had fucked up, that was no lie. Zoe was ruining my life and I couldn't wait till her baby was born so I could get out of this mess and get things back on track with Melissa. I had decided to give her the space she needed, I knew this wasn't easy for her and she had every right to leave me if she saw fit. Hearing her say she loved me meant the world but I wasn't sure if it was the alcohol talking or if that's how she really felt for me. Pulling up to her house I looked towards the door, rolling up the windows before turning off the engine. I had decided to drop by to talk to her. These few weeks away from each other was torture and I needed to know where we stood. I got out of my car and headed towards her door before ringing the doorbell. It was a matter of seconds before she opened the door. The sight was breathtaking and I was tempted to grab and hold her there and then. "Can we talk?" I asked and she raised her brow at me. "Um.. Sure." She accepted, letting me in before closing the door behind us. "About that night.." I said referring to the night in my car. She held up her hand and shook her head. "Let's just forget it okay?" She sighed exasperated and headed over to the couch to sit down. She looked frail and tired; it upset me knowing I was doing this to her. "I don't want to forget about it. I can't stop thinking about it." I admitted, walking over to where she sat. "You haven't spoken to me in weeks, it seemed to me like you did forget about it." She shrugged and I clenched my jaw at nothing in particular. "I was giving you space. I didn't want to smother you, I've put you through enough." I didn't want to push her away anymore than I had done already. "I told you I loved you and fair enough you didn't say it back, you don't feel the same; but you hadn't even tried to talk to me." I could see where she was coming from. I'd be hurt too if I confessed my love and she shut me out. "I didn't say it back because I didn't want you to think that I'm lying. As if I'm using it as an excuse to have us work despite all that's going on. Melissa what I feel for you goes beyond love. I don't know if that's even possible but all that I feel for you runs deep. I don't think those three words would do justice." She looked at me and I reached out, stroking her lips with my thumb. "Tell me we're going to be okay. Tell me you'll stay by me through this." I pleaded, referring to my situation with Zoe. She sighed and placed her hand on my arm. "We're okay. I just don't know how I'll feel if the baby turns out to be yours." She frowned looking away "She's not mine." I admitted and her eyes snapped towards me. "She?" I nodded at her question. "Zoe told me it's a girl." I shrugged still not caring. That baby wasn't mine and everything in me knew I was right.

Melissa
It had been a couple of days since Frost and I had that talk. I was all for making us work , but I still wasn't happy with the idea of him potentially having a baby with someone else. "Your sister isn't too fond of me anymore is she?" Frost asked as we sat on his kitchen island. "She hates you." I stated. "Ouch." He placed his hand on his chest playfully. "Can you blame her though?" I asked rolling my eyes. "Have you heard from her recently?" I asked, referring to his possible baby momma. "She texted me yesterday, said she's going to come by today and drop off some scan pictures. I told her I don't want them." He shrugged and I looked at him in shock. "You need to stop pushing her away. That baby could be yours. Do you really want to miss out on the pregnancy process?" As much as it pained me to say it, he needed to be involved. If the baby was his, he would regret not helping when he could. " I don't want to waste my time entertaining her false accusations, but you're right. I'll tell her to swing by in an hour." I nodded and mentally prepared myself for her arrival.
*
It had been about an hour since she arrived, and all I could do was watch from across the room as she showed Frost the scan pictures. "So how did you and Dominic meet?" She asked and I looked over at Frost confused. Who was Dominic? "Who's Dominic?" I asked completely perplexed. She laughed and rubbed on her baby bump. "You don't even know his name? Wow Dom you really know how to pick them." My heart dropped finally realising who Dominic was. I'd never thought to ask and it wasn't because I didn't care, but because I was so used to calling him Frost. After All, he was my therapist to begin with, and calling him Dr. Frost kinda just.. Stuck. Either way, he never thought to let me know and that made me feel uneasy. He gave me an apologetic look and I sighed inward. "Anyway I've got to go. Keep them." She said referring to the scan pictures. She got up and headed to the door with Frost seeing her out. "Dominic." I stated and he turned to look at me. "Melissa." He said sternly. "Why do I feel close to you yet so far away?" He ran his hand through his hair as he pondered on my question. "I'm sorry I never told you." I shrugged and looked away. "I should have asked to be honest." I admitted whilst saying his name out in my head. Dr Dominic Frost. Dominic Frost. Dom. I liked it. It suited him. "What are you thinking?" He asked snapping me back to the present time. "Your name. I like it. Dom." I said with a smile and caught him smirk. "I can be your Dom." He winked and I caught on to what he meant. "You're so nasty!" He chuckled and I couldn't help but laugh. "Were you her Dom?" He paused a while before answering. "No. I have tried it with other women before however." I nodded. "Why do you like that sort of stuff?" He shrugged and took a seat next to me. "I guess I just love being in control. I love bringing pleasure to you whilst you lay there helpless, at my command." He stared at me with dark eyes and I bit my lip. "Would you like to bring me pleasure?" I questioned. "All day baby." He licked his lips and I reached over, stroking his face. "Would you like to be my Dom?" His brow rose and I grinned knowing I was getting to him. "Only if you're ready for that." I placed a kiss on his lip before standing. "Too bad you won't be getting none." I winked and saw his mouth drop in shock.

Yeah I finally figured out a first name for Frost.
Comment & Vote!