12

"Melissa..are you okay?" I heard Kirsty call out to me as I regained consciousness. I opened my eyes slowly before sitting up straight. "You just fainted." She informed me. I blinked at her then noticed him. He smiled at me and I looked away trying to control my thumping heart beat. "You remember Kevin don't you?" Kirsty asked, referring to my ex. I nodded and stood slowly trying to compose myself. "I'm sorry, I don't feel too good. Why don't you stay for the cake tasting and you can contact me on a decision." I said whilst gathering my belongings, all the while avoiding eye contact with Kevin. "Sure, you go home and get some rest. Kevin can drive you home if you need." I shook my head forcefully, causing my vision to duplicate. "It's fine, I'll leave you to it." She smiled and nodded and I took that as my cue to exit. Rushing to my car, I flung my bag and files to the passengers seat before starting it and speeding off. Instead of going home, I drove to Frost's office. Tears filled my face as I realised that my nightmare was becoming my reality. Parking outside the building, I wiped my face and pushed back more tears before getting out and walking through the glass doors. "Hey, I wasn't expecting you till Thursday." Tasha smiled up at me from her desk; but I ignored her and walked past heading to Frost's office. "He's busy in a call!" She yelled out but I was already at his door. I opened it to find him facing the window with his phone to his ear. "You can't be in here!" Tasha spoke and I realised she had followed me in. Frost turned to face us both and before I could respond back to Tasha, he spoke: "Tasha it's fine." I shot her a look and she shot me one back before heading off. B*tch! "I'll call you back on that." He spoke into the phone as I shut the door behind myself and approached him. "What's happened?" He asked quizzically yet sympathetically. "It's him." I said whilst feeling the tears fill my eyes again. I saw his jaw twitch before pulling me into a tight embrace. "I knew there was something off about all of this. He's her fiancé. He's doing it again. He's trying to mess with my head!" I spoke all at once with tears. Frost rubbed my back to soothe me but the tears just kept on coming. "Did you speak to him?" I shook my head no and told him how I fainted and rushed out of there before any conversation with him was made. "Lets get you home, I'll sort this." He spoke softly and I looked up at him. "I don't want to go home. Santana will only ask questions and I don't want her to know he's back. She'll try confront him and I can't let her do that." I spoke frantically and he kissed my forehead to calm me. "I want to stay with you." I said and he nodded with no hesitation.
-
I had been at Frosts's now for two hours. I'd stopped crying by now which was a start. "I'm going to head out but I'll be back in an hour-tops." He stated and I nodded. I felt safe here, I knew he wouldn't be able to find me, let alone hurt me. Frost left and I took this as an opportunity to have a shower. I had no clothes here so I just changed into one of his tops and a pair of his boxers. I felt at ease. I made myself a hot drink and flicked through the channels on his tv. Before I knew it he was back, with Santana by his side. "Mel!" She rushed over to me, hugging me tight and my eyes began to water once again. "Frost told me everything." She spoke as she sat besides me. I looked over at him and he gave me a half smile. I was pissed, but I understood why he told her. I needed my sister and he knew that. "Why didn't you tell me? About Kirsty?!" She asked and I shrugged. "I didn't want you to overthink it. I wasn't sure if he had anything to do with her requesting me as her wedding planner." That was the honest truth. Something within me knew it was too good to be true but, I didn't think he would be her soon to be husband. "I'm going to kill him. That psycho should have been locked up years ago!" She spoke with anger and I sighed. "This is what we're going to do." Frost spoke, interrupting our conversation whilst sitting on the couch next to us. "Set up a meeting. With them both. Say you need to go over the wedding plans." My body shivered at the thought of seeing Kevin again. "I'll be there with you. Just to give a fair warning to him. Once the wedding is over next week you'll be fine." He spoke and I bit the inside of my cheek in fear. "You don't know this guy, he won't quit. He's obsessed with her!" Santana informed Frost. I knew she was also fearing what he would do. "Not with me there." Frost spoke in a low tone and my mind raced to our previous conversation of our pasts. What was he capable of, and how dangerous was Frost?
-
"You'll be fine. I'm here." He smiled, reassuring me. I nodded and tapped my fingers on the table. It was the next day and I had set up the meeting with Kirsty and Kevin. Just then, both of them entered the room and my heart began to beat fast. Frost must have noticed because I felt his hand grip my thigh gently under the table. My body relaxed slightly. "Hey, how are you feeling?" Kirsty asked as they took a seat. "Much better thank you." I smiled avoiding Kevin's gaze. I could feel him looking at me. "This is-" I spoke before Frost interrupted me. "Frost. Melissa's boyfriend. Hope you don't mind me sitting in, I'm taking her out to dinner after." He spoke and Kirsty nodded before saying her hellos and introducing Kevin to Frost. "Um I just wanted to run over some things for you. Just the routine of the wedding day." I spoke, realising that both Frost and Kevin were having a stare down. I talked over the plan of the day with Kevin remaining silent the whole time. This wasn't like him and it was freaking me out slightly. "What do you think of these flowers hun?" Kirsty showed Kevin the flower samples and he shrugged. "Whatever you like, I like." He spoke and my body shivered at the sound of his voice. She tutted at his lack of enthusiasm. "Well I guess everything is ready. Just have to get through the wedding now." She said whilst laughing awkwardly. "Yes, don't worry it'll run smoothly." I spoke reassuring her. "With you there, it should be." Kevin spoke with a grin and my smile faded instantly. "We'll leave you two to be, let you get on out to dinner. Thank you again Melissa." Kirsty thanked me as we all stood. "It's my job. I'll see you next week on your wedding day." I smiled at her and they said their goodbyes before heading out. I sighed a sigh of relief before facing Frost. "Thank you." I said. I knew him being here would be exactly what I needed to warn Kevin off. Hopefully knowing that I'm with Frost will keep him away from me. After all, Frost was much more intimidating than he was. Now I just had to get through the wedding.
-
"So have you decided if you want to stay with me for a weekend?" Frost asked as we drove back to mine. I hadn't stayed over at his last night, instead I had headed back home with Santana. "I'm not sure." I spoke truthfully. "There are still some things we need to speak about." I edged on and I knew he understood what I was talking about. I saw his grip tighten against the steering wheel. "Melissa..-" He spoke softly and I interrupted him. "No. Look, I'm not trying to pressure you to tell me everything all at once; but I want to know who you are. You know me. All I'm asking for is to be closer to you." I spoke all at once and his focus remained on the road ahead. "I don't want to tell you then you end up on hating me." He said with a regretful tone. I sighed and ran my fingers along his stubble. "I'll never hate you. One thing at a time. You don't have to say everything. Just let me in." I said and he looked over at me before nodding. I sighed inward at the progress and it wasn't long before we arrived at my place.
"How was it?" Santana asked as we entered the house. I explained it all to her as she stirred the pot of food she was making. "Hm, I'm not convinced he'll back off." She said. Neither was I if I'm honest. Kevin wasn't the type to let go so easily, but with Frost being here with me I felt less scared.
-
"More wine?" Frost asked as we sat on the couch. Santana had called it an early night and gone to bed, leaving us alone in the living room. "Are you trying to get me drunk Mr?" I teased before handing him my glass. He smiled mischievously before pouring me some more and handing me back the glass. "Not at all. I just want you relaxed before I tell you what I'm about to tell you." He poured himself another glass also and I gulped down almost half of mine in anticipation. "Lay it on me." I said, confidently waiting for him to spill. After a long pause and a few more sips, he started....

Going to have to wait for the next chapter to find out about Frost's past 😋 Man, I'm on fire with these updates🔥 Comment & vote!