Chapter 6

hold onto your chairs boys and girls this next chapter is gonna be ca-razy! hope you enjoy it!

Rydel and Ratliff

we were walking down the solitary hallway, my eyes shut tightly, I held on tightly to Ratliff as we walked down the hallway.

“It's almost like you can still hear the voices of the prisoners kept down here.” I say quietly, every now and again we'd pass a cell and I'd hear whispers or screams or yells.

“I don't know, maybe I'm just crazy.” I add.

“No, I hear them too.” he replies.

Suddenly there's a thud, and human voices.

Ratliff raises his crowbar as we near the exit at the end.

Suddenly the door swings open.

“WHOA! Easy, I’m sure mom wouldn't appreciate you almost killing her first born!” Riker exclaims, raising his hands up.

“Riker what's wrong with you, you almost gave us a heart attack!” I exclaim.

“Sorry! We're just trying to find our way out of this place.” he replies.

“How did you get Rydel out of the cell?” Ross asks.

“Never mind that, did you guys find a way out?” Ratliff asks.

“You don't want to go that way, it'll just take you to the haunted execution room, which we almost got locked in.” Rocky replies.

I pull out my book flipping through the pages.

“Of course, how could I forget about this story, when the execution room was first built and they tried to execute their first prisoner, who went by the name of “Shark” due to faulty installation he wasn't killed the first time, so they kept shocking him over and over and over again until eventually he was killed, despite the protests of those who witnessed the execution they didn't fix the wiring and each time a prisoner was executed it took three or more shocks to kill them...it became a torture device!” I exclaim as I finish reading the book.

“Would you put that thing away! I don't need to hear about how haunted the place is.” Ross complains.

“Isn't there some kind of law that if a prisoner somehow survives the electric chair they have to let him go, like they can't do it to them again?” Rocky asks.

“Obviously the prison guards here didn't care about that.” Riker replies.

“I guess we're gonna have to go back to the main entrance then.” Ratliff adds.

“I don't wanna go back down that hallway!” I whine.

“We have to Rydel or we'll never find a way out of here, unless you'd rather pass through the execution room and see if the kind ghosts unlocked the door?” Rocky asks sarcastically.

I glare at him by the glare of our flashlights.

“Fine!” I reply exasperatedly.

As we carefully and cautiously make our way down the hallway Ratliff and I had just come I cursed under my breath.

“That's the last time I let anyone talk me into a haunted prison!” I exclaim under my breath.

“Fine, next year we'll just go to a haunted asylum.” Ross suggests.

“You can go alone next time pal!” Laura exclaims.

We finally make it towards the end of the hallway, back in the main entrance where we started.

“Great, now what?” Ross asks glumly, kicking a broken board.

“Look, there’s a door in the back we must not have seen before.” Rocky pointed out.

We ran to the back of the entrance hall, coming to a double wide door.

Riker tested the doors, they swing open, revealing a gymnasium.

As we entered the room the door behind us slammed shut.

“I am getting real tired of this!” Laura exclaims.

“Look! There's an exit in the back!” Riker exclaims.

We run to the door, Riker pulls the door open.

We're slightly disappointed when we find it was the door leading out to the prison yard and not an exit.

“Great, this is the prison yard.” I state the obvious.

“Maybe there's a break in the fence where we can get out!” Ross suggests.

“Rocky, take one of the flashlights, you and me will try to find a break in the fence, Riker, take the others and try to find a REAL exit.” he orders.

“Oh no! We're not splitting up again!” Laura exclaims.

Ross sighs.

“Alright fine, stay here then.” He replies as him and Rocky begin flashing the lights around the fence line, looking for breaks in the fence.

“Hey over here! There's a corner of fencing gone, we can get out through here!” Ross exclaims.

We all run over to where him and Rocky are standing.

“Let me go first, I’ll make sure nothing spooky happens.” Riker suggests.

We stand back and he gets ready to crawl through the fence.

But as soon as part of his skin touches the rusted fencing he pulls out sharply.

“Ouch!” he exclaims, cursing under his breath.

“What, what happened?” I ask.

“It...shocked me.” he replies confusedly.

“This isn't an electric fence!” I exclaim.

“You don't think I know that?” he asks.

“Here let me go, it was probably just static electricity.” I reply, handing the flashlight to Ratliff

I get down on my hands and knees to climb through the hole.

But when my hand touches the cold fence I feel a shock go up my arm.

I pull back just as Riker had.

I curse.

“I told you.” Riker replies.

“I don't get it at all.” I reply confused.

“Does your precious book say anything about it?” Ross asks sarcastically.

Ratliff tosses the book at me, I flip through the pages, not finding anything I look in the index, nothing, then the glossary, nothing.

“No, there's nothing about an electric fence.” I reply.

“Then what's going on?” Rocky asks.

“Don't you think I’d tell you if I knew?” I ask sarcastically.

“Wait, do you guys hear that?” Ratliff asks suddenly.

We all get quiet as we listen.

It sounded like wind, but there wasn't a single leaf moving, no rustling of the trees.

Nothing.

“What is that?” I ask.

Just as I finish asking the fence starts to glow, the glow is clear and a faint whitish blue color.

I scoot back from my position, still sitting on the ground.

Suddenly a dozen or more white orbs appear above us, moving in a counter clockwise circle.

“RUN!” I scream.

We run for the exit we'd just come from, but it slammed shut.

Suddenly the sounds of screams, yells, and gunshots started up again.

The orbs moving in a circle faster and faster, the sound of wind getting louder and louder.

Then there’s a flash of light and the sound like a bomb going off.