Chapter 2

ok, well, don't know if anyone's actually reading or enjoying this but because it is halloween and it's kind of fun for me to write this i'm gonna keep posting, anyway, enjoy! :)

The next day passes by so slowly I’m almost sure that night will never come, but it finally does, as our parents are getting ready to head out for the night we pack a backpack of snacks and supplies, Rydel's request, she has this superstition that we'll get trapped in the prison by the souls that haunt the place.

While her story did give me some chills I still laughed, I mean, come on, ghosts? Yea right!

We were down in the kitchen making smores to pass the time before our parents left when mom came in the kitchen dressed like Dracula's wife, dad was going as Dracula obviously.

“So, what are you kids planning on doing tonight?” she asks me as she adds a last bit of black spray to her hair.

“You know, just gonna walk a few blocks and trick or treat or somethin, maybe come home and watch some scary movies, what time is the party over?” I ask.

“Well it's supposed to end at midnight, but you know your father and I, social butterflies, we'll probably be out a little later, I left some money on the counter if you guys want to order a pizza or something later.” she replies, putting a skull and crossbones clip in her hair.

“What about you Rydel sweetie, what are you going to do?” she asks as Rydel comes downstairs from her room.

“Um, probably whatever the boys are doing.” she replies.

“Ok, well you kids have fun, don't stay out too late you hear?” she asks.

“Yes ma'am.” we all reply.

“MARK! It's time to go!” she yells to dad who is in the bathroom.

He comes out dressed as a vampire, cape and all.

“Well, what do you think?” he asks with an accent as he flourishes his cape.

We laugh.

“You look great dad.” Rydel replies, handing him his wallet.

“Ok kids, we'll be back around one in the morning probably, don't have TOO much fun ok, and don't eat too much candy.” he says.

“Ok, we won't, you guys have fun.” Riker replies as he shuts the door behind them.

Once the car leaves the driveway Rydel lets out a sigh.

“I thought they'd never leave, I was about to burst!” she exclaims.

“Alright, everyone pile into my car, I'm driving.” Riker says as he grabs the keys off the key rack.

“Ross did you get the backpack?” Rydel asks.

I shake the backpack.

“Right here, along with the money mom gave us.” I reply, rolling my eyes.

“Hey, when those evil souls trap us in that freaky prison you'll be thanking me.” Rydel replies.

“Like THAT'S gonna happen.” I reply sarcastically.

“Ok let's go I can't wait anymore!” Ratliff exclaims.

“We've got to go get Laura and then we'll be on our way.” Rocky replies as we head out the door.

Riker climbs into the passenger side of the van, Rydel climbing in front next to him.

The rest of us pile into the middle and back seats leaving a seat for Laura.