Chapter 3

heres chapter 3 of my r5/laura marano horror story! :P this is when things get spooky! oh and if any of you catch the "les miserables" reference i'll make you a free wattpad story cover of your choice :) so if you find it let me know ;)

“Look at this place!” Rocky exclaims, kicking aside a lone board.

“This. Is. Creepy.” Laura says, giving a little shiver.

I tightened my grip on her protectively.

“Ok, we've made it inside, we've seen the place, let's just go!” Rydel whines.

“We're not gonna leave now! We haven't even seen any of the cells!” Riker exclaims.

“Ok, fine, we can walk through a few cells and THEN we leave.” she replies.

“Ugh, you are such a baby!” I complain.

“I'm not a baby!” she replies with a pout.

We pause for a moment to take a look around, Riker scans the place with his flashlight.

The inside wasn't near as worn looking as the outside, but it was covered in dust, dirt, and cobwebs, trash and boards and leaves that had fallen through the windows littered the floor, lights still hung from the ceilings, their bulbs burnt out.

“This place is REALLY giving me the creeps!” Laura exclaims as we make our way up the steps to the first row of prison cells.

All the numbers on the cells were hanging from one corner loosely, about to fall off, some of them had fallen off. The bars were rusted and covered in dust, some beds were still inside the cells, ruined by rain and snow and lack of use or care.

We came to one cell whose number was still fully intact and the bed neatly made, almost as if someone had been here.

“Ok, I'll admit, THAT'S pretty creepy, it looks like someone has been here.” I say, lightly touching the lock on the door.

“Riker hand me the flashlight.” Rydel says as she pulls the book she'd been reading earlier out of my backpack.

“Cell 24601, it was the cell of the ax” she reads from the book.

“The ax?” I ask.

“The ax was the prisons most dangerous prisoner, he was admitted after he killed his wife by hitting her in the head with an ax, one night he tried to escape but the guards cornered him and threw him back in his cell, he tried to escape again that night and that's when the guards beat him to death, legend says that his soul inhabits the prison, in. this. Very. Cell.” she finishes reading from the book slowly.

“Look, you can still see some of the blood stains!” Ratliff points out.

Laura buries her face in my chest, my eyes widen.

“That, is SO gross!” She exclaims, her voice muffled.

“Let's try to get inside!” Riker exclaims.

“Are you crazy?” Rydel exclaims.

“Maybe just enough.” Riker replies.

“How do we get inside though?” Rocky asks.

“I can't believe I'm encouraging this, but, here.” Laura replies as she pulls a silver bobby pin out of her hair, her bangs falling to the side.

Riker takes the pin greedily, picking the lock.

After he fumbles with it for a few seconds it unlocks, the door creeks open menacingly.

“Go in!” I encourage everyone.

“I am NOT going in there!” Rydel whines.

“Come on, don't be such a baby.” I reply.

“I'm not a baby!” Rydel exclaims.

“Then go inside.” I reply.

“I'm not going in the dang cell!” she exclaims.

“I dare you!” I exclaim.

“I'm not playing this game with you.” Rydel replies.

“I DOUBLE dare you!” I exclaim.

“Come on Rydel, it'll be fine, we're all RIGHT HERE!” Riker replies.

“Yea, go in, I’ll go in right behind you ok?” Ratliff asks.

She looks around at all of us.

“I, Well, Oh alright!” she exclaims, she pushes past me and goes into the cell, turning spinning around, then she faces us, putting her hands out to the side.

“THERE! Are you happy now?” she asks.

Before any of us answers the cell door slams shut.

Rydel jumps, letting out a shrill scream.

“Who did that?” she asks angrily.

“Ross!” she exclaims.

I hold up my palms innocently.

“Don't look at me I didn't do it!” I exclaim.

“It's true, he had his arms around me the whole time.” Laura replies.

“Well then who did it?” Rydel asks.

“None of us did it Rydel, I swear!” Riker exclaims

“Whatever, just, GET ME OUT OF HERE!” she screams.

“Ok, ok, calm down, the hinge is probably just broken or something.” Riker replies as he goes to pull the door open.

But it doesn't budge.

“Um, it's not opening.” he says.

“Maybe you just need to unlock it again.” Laura replies, handing her hair pin back to him.

He fumbles with the lock, turning it left and right, and then left again.

He pulls on the door again and it still doesn't budge.

“I think it's stuck.” he exclaims.

“STUCK?” Rydel asks, fear in her voice.

“Relax, Rocky, come with me, we'll go find help.” I reply, I hand my bag to Laura who goes over and hovers behind Riker.

Me and Rocky walk back down the stairs and head down the hallway towards the exit.

When we get just inches away from it, it slams shut.

“Well that's not good.” Rocky says.

“It's just the wind!” I exclaim.

I pull on the handle.

It doesn't budge.

“Maybe it's a push door.” Rocky suggests.

I push on it as hard as I can, it still doesn't move.

“Oh no.” Rocky says.

“You know what this means right?” I ask, a chill rolling down my spine, the hair on my neck standing.

“We're locked in!” Rocky replies.