Chapter 5

ok well since it seems like you guys are starting to enjoy this, here's chapter 5 of my horror story for halloween! :) enjoy and please leave a review and let me know what you think! :)

“Not AGAIN!” Laura whines.

“Great now we're trapped too!” I exclaim.

"Guys, just relax, maybe there's an exit in the audience room.” Riker assures us.

We walk over to the door leading into the audience room of the execution room, luckily it's unlocked.

I sigh.

"First stroke of luck we've had since we got here.” I say

“Look, there's an exit right there!” Riker exclaims, pointing to a door with a worn out “exit” sign above it.

 He gives it a tug, it creeks open, leading out onto another hallway.

 "Come on, let's go.” Riker exclaims, leading the way.

“I wonder if Ratliff and Rydel are having any better luck.” I muse to myself.

 Rydel & Ratliff

“Ratliff, I'm scared.” Rydel whimpers.

“It's ok, I’m sure the others will be back anytime now.” I try to assure her, but I couldn't ignore the chills going down my spine.

“Did you hear that?” she asks.

“No, what is it?” I ask.

“It sounded like...gun shots!” she exclaims.

“Calm down, it's probably just people outside.” I assure her.

But a few seconds later I hear it too, gunshots, screams, and yells rang throughout the prison, echoing down the empty hallway.

“I wish they'd just hurry up!” she whines.

“Hey! Maybe there's something around here I can use the bend the bars enough for you to slip out!” I suggest.

“I thought I saw a crowbar on our way inside.” I add.

I'm about to walk away when she grabs my arm from inside the cell.

“No, don't leave!” she exclaims.

“Rydel, I'll be RIGHT. BACK.” I assure her.

I see worry creased in her forehead.

“I'll be right back, I PROMISE.” I add.

She lets go hesitantly.

“Ok, don't be gone too long!” she exclaims

I go down the stairs carefully, I’d left the flashlight with Rydel so I was stumbling around by the faint light the rusted windows let in from the moon.

Near the entrance I saw what I was looking for, a rusted, but intact, crowbar.

I give the doors a second tug, seeing if they'd open.

I'm slightly disappointed when they don't budge.

It was just like a prison lock-down.

I picked up the crowbar and headed back up the stairs to the cell.

“Did you find it?” she asks.

I hold it up with a triumphant grin.

“Ratliff you rock!” she exclaims.

“I know.” I reply with a smirk.

I stick the crowbar between two bars, pulling against the bar with everything in me.

Since the bars were so rusted and weak they bend with ease

“There, try getting through there.” I suggest.

She first sticks her head through the two bars, testing the width, then she climbs through, landing with a thud at my feet.

“I'm FREE!” she exclaims.

She jumps up, wrapping me in a hug.

“Come on, we better try to find the others.” I suggest.

She nods in agreement.

I pick up the backpack and sling it over my shoulder.

There’s a loud screech, we look over at the cell Rydel had just escaped.

The two bars I’d bent with the crowbar had formed back to their original shape.

“Did the bars just-”

“Yea, let's get out of here!” I exclaim, interrupting her.

“I couldn’t agree more!” she exclaims.

“Let's go!” she adds.

We head up the stairs to the next level of the prison, we walk along the hallway until we get to a dead end, a door slightly ajar.

“I don't wanna go in!” Rydel whines.

“What if we get trapped again?” she asks.

“We have to go this way if we're gonna find the others.” I reply.

“But Ratliff-”

“I'll be RIGHT HERE, we'll be fine.” I reply, interrupting her again.

She sighs.

“Ok, fine, let's go.” she replies, opening the door.

It's not a hallway or an exit, but a prison room used for solitary prisoners.

“Go back, go back!” I exclaim.

“I'm standing right in front of the door it's not gonna shut.” I assure her.

Suddenly there’s a low pitched voice.

“Oooh, a girrrrl.” the voice says in satisfaction, drawing out the “r”.

Rydel screams.

“Something just pulled my hair!” she exclaims.

I grab her by the wrist, pulling her out of the room, slamming the door shut behind us.

Rydel was white as a ghost.

No pun intended.

“What. Was. That?” I ask, just as scared as she was.

She takes out her ghost book flipping through a few pages.

“Solitary cell number 609, contained prisoner Blade, he was arrested for raping his sixteen year old daughter, he was thrown in solitary after nearly beating a prison nurse to death, he escaped and was killed when he jumped from a third story window into the prison yard...he landed on the barbed wire fence.” she finishes the sentence slowly.

“Let's just get off this floor.” I reply quietly, hoping her breathing would go back to normal.

I took her by her upper arm and led her down the stairs to the second level, finding an exit we open the door and pass through it, leading us to a long hallway full of solitary prison cells.

“We have to get down this hallway, there's an exit at the end of it.” I say as she sucks in a breath.

“Ok, let's make this quick!” she replies.

She wraps her arms around my arm and we walk quickly down the hallway.