16: Falling Into Place

Grey's POV

~~~

I looked up at Ryan Tanner. The boy I knocked out with one punch. The idiot who couldn't know who I was...Just proved he knew. He could expose me. I can't afford that. I thought Kyle would help cover my identity a little bit longer. I guess Ryan finally learned himself and didn't take Kyle's advice. 

"W-What are you talking about?" I stammer confused.

He chuckles, "How can I forget the eyes that stared me down at nights at Rand's Gym, or at the tournament fights. Or even on the first night when I stared into my opponent's eyes. Granted, the color contacts were a good idea." He spins me around and back in, still forcing me to step with him to the music. "Face mask too. You did a great job at hiding who you really were. You probably could've kept your identity secret for much longer if I never went. If no one in this school ever heard about the amazing Caster," he fakes enthusiasm when he says the name. "Why Caster? So many other interesting stage names..."

I try to pull away but his grip tightens. "Nah uh uh," he shakes his head distastefully. "You didn't answer my question.

My thoughts flash back to when I talked to Will and Yenna about my stage name.

"Will, I can't think of anything!" I grumble.

"Sure you can think of something! You are a genius," he says calmly shrugging his shoulders as he takes a sip of his Starbucks concoction.

Yenna sighs, "Well  why are you doing this exactly?"

"So I can remember my brother, even though he rather me not continue doing this." Patrick has only died a month ago. The wound still fresh. Hard to believe he and Ella are gone...

Yenna clears her throat uncomfortable. "Uh-I-we can look at you boxing style?"

I sigh giving into the idea, having nothing else to go with. My style often reflected Patrick, if he were a boxer rather than pursuing martial arts.

Yenna and Will were stumped on the name. I would groan at each suggestion, each worse than the next. I pulled out my phone and decided to search supernatural beings, because why not. Those always sound like a cool stage name. I scrolled through the sight and found Mystics.

'A person who claims to attain, or believes in the possibility of attaining, insight into mysteries transcending ordinary human knowledge, as by direct communication with the divine or immediate intuition in a state of spiritual ecstasy. '

The definition reminded me of the many times I was convinced that I had seen Patrick. I only remember seeing Ella...but Patrick. I shiver at the thought then paused. 

"Mystic...?" I say quietly.

"Meh, you can come up with something better but that's a good start." Will hums.

I look again and think of witchcraft, drifting off the slight idea of Mystic. I remember how they cast spells and cast curses and such. They are powerful. Silent. They blended into a crowd (until Salem but that was mostly innocent people). They are resourceful and use their environment,  they can cast you under their spell...

"Caster," I say finally looking up at the two. 

They exchanged glances excitedly. Will grins and holds out his hand, "Welcome to Rand and CO Gym, Caster."

I look back up at Ryan, this time glaring, "Why should I tell you?"

"Because I know everything already about you, except for that!" he hissed and returned the glare.