Clashing Associates (Amon)

(A/N: boot of a car = trunk of a car)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N!" You turned around to see a bureau investigator shouting, jogging towards you.

"Investigator..." You spoke as he came closer to you. "What's wrong?"

"Were going to need you to assist somebody for a couple of days. Their usual partner is currently off sick."

"Oh, okay. Who is it?" You asked.

"Well... you see, the thing is... its-" Murata said through broken words before being interrupted.

"Investigator Murata." A low voice spoke from behind a cubicle. You saw black hair from just above the cubicle wall, and a man appeared. You rolled your eyes at the person, Amon Koutarou, who had called the investigator you were talking to.

"Ah, First Class Investigator Amon, I must tell you-"

"Excuse me, but I'm afraid you're going to have to wait, Amon. I was speaking to Investigator Murata." You cut off Murata and Amon from starting a conversation in the middle of yours.

"Y/N-san i-if I can just-"

"Who do you think you are to speak to superior like that, Rank 1 Investigator Y/N?"

"Please, Investigator's, let me just explain-"

"It doesn't matter what your rank is First Class Investigator Amon." You said sarcastically. "You shouldn't cut off a co-worker. Besides, I'm only a rank under you."

"You won't have any rank if you carry on with this behaviour."

"I'll just be glad to be away from you and your shi-"

"Investigator Amon and Y/N!" Murata shouted, slightly frustrated. The two of you turned to him. Murata sighed, before speaking again.

"If I can just explain what is happening." You and Amon waited in silence for him to explain. He sighed, a worried look on his face. "I told Nakajima this was a bad idea..." He whispered to himself. "Amon, Akira has been off sick for the past couple of days."

"Yes."

"And..." He sighed again. "You will need somebody to be your partner for the time she is gone."

"Correct."

He smiled worriedly, before signalling towards you. You and Amon looked directly at each other, your eyes widening with realisation.

"NO!"

"NO!"

"Oh, I knew you would both say that...."

"I can work by myself."

"I'd rather be eaten by a ghoul!"

You stared at each other with dirty looks. Murata covered his face with his hands before trying to persuade you both.

"Please Amon-san and Y/N-san."

"I can work by myself." Amon repeated.

"Unfortunately you can't. You must have a partner with you or you will be withdrawn from working on the field until Mado-san can return healthy."

"Is there not anybody else?" He begged.

"Unfortunately not. With Y/N-san having no current partner, they are the only one available."