Confrontation (Amon)

"If we ever cross paths again Y/N, I will kill you."

~~

Your boots were soaked with water as you ran through the streets of Tokyo. Rain covered every surface, including you. Your umbrella was protecting you just enough so that you weren't drenched, but it wasn't good enough. Although your hood was up and you had your umbrella out, the weather still dampened your mood and clothes. Streetlights flickered on and off as you tried to get home as quickly as possible- to a warm and dry shelter. Your phone was almost dead, you had no money and no car. Running was the only possible route. It was late at night and almost nobody was out on the street- only the odd overtime worker. Not even creatures hid in the shadows, they at least had a shelter to stay in. Not only was it dark and wet, it was cold. Your scarf, thin jacket, jeans and boots were the only things providing you what warmth they had - or lack of.

Everything was quiet- the only sounds you could hear were the raindrops hammering the concrete, your feet hitting the pavement and your tired breaths. Your stamina and strength was running low as you hadn't ate anything in over a month. The thought of eating actual people made you sick- especially as you knew so many. Only a certain few knew the truth.

You were tired. Your body ached. Your clothes were soaked. Fortunately, the rain was beginning to slow down and fewer raindrops came. Your body had surrendered to the harsh weather and you developed into an exhausted walk. You tried to take your mind off of the weather and instead, looked up into the sky. Thoughts fluttered through your mind as you trod through hundreds of puddles. As you trudged through the street, you lost your trail of thought and turned onto the wrong path.

Wait...where am I?

You finally caught up with yourself, and checked around you. You weren't familiar with your surroundings. Although you had lived in the city your entire life, you never strayed away from your route. Where you were now was a long road, with buildings all around. You dug for your phone and prayed there was still some battery. Your hopes were not strong enough, as it was now dead. Silence enveloped you, but you still continued to walk.

As you walked, you saw a figure sitting in a bench. They looked like a man. He looked like he had no intention of covering himself from the rain. You chose to go up to him and ask for directions. Even if he was strong and hopefully human, you could still be tougher. You approached him, his face was looking in the opposite direction.

"Excuse me...could you tell me how to get to-"

The man unexpectedly stood up, and backed away slightly. He tightened the grip on the briefcase in his hand and looked directly at you. You instantly recognized the face.

"Y/N."

~~

"What?" Amon's breaths became broken, beads of sweat fell down his face. Your palms became sweaty and your heart began to race. You finally told the truth about yourself. You had been dating for over a year and you were stupid enough to not tell him- the person you trusted and loved the most.

"I...I'm sorry I didn't tell you any sooner. It-it was just that-"

"I work for the CCG, Y/N."

"And that's the reason! I couldn't risk it. I love you, Amon. I didn't want to lose you over your job. I know I should've told you when we first met, but I knew you worked for them. I knew if I told you we wouldn't have gotten to know each other. And I knew that as soon as we became friends, we could become even more. And we did. I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you everything."

Amon sighed. Tears fell down your face. You gasped for breaths.

"I should've known. I was too infatuated that I ignored what was right in front of me. You always left after eating and you rarely cooked for us. You're strong for your physique. You never went into the headquarters to meet me. You never seemed phased by the deaths of citizens. You are a monster. And I trusted you. I work for the CCG because I want to rid the world of ghouls, but I fell into the trap of one."