29

"Is this how imagined your life?" I asked Kai, resting my head on my hand.

He shook his head. "No." He dryly chuckled. "I was certain I was going to spend the rest of my life reading the same newspaper, waking up on the same day and having no one else but me." His voice went quiet towards the end and I reached over to hold his hand in mine.

I didn't say anything but smiled. He smiled at our hands then looked at me. "What about you? Is this how you pictured yourself?"

"I didn't think I would ever have a child." I looked down at Grayson. "Because Kol.." I trailed off and squeezed Kai's hand. "But this is better and clearly meant to be."

"Do you ever think about him?" Kai asked me. I avoided eye contact for a moment but nodded.

"At times." I confessed. "But mostly of what's happened, the past." I paused. "It can never be like that again, no matter how hard either of us were to try, I'm not the same person."

Kai didn't say anything. "You did spend time with though, didn't you?"

"I did." I said. "I thought you were gone and I didn't realise i had done exactly what he wanted me to."

Kai just nodded, squeezing my hand slightly. My phone rang and I reached into Zeke to answer it.

"Riley speaking."

"Riley." Damon said. "How is the Parker family?"

"We're fine, thank you." I replied. "Has anything happened?"

"No, Bonnie is still asleep."

"Oh." I said, running my hand through Grayson's hair. He smiled in his sleep, snuggling closer to me.

"Yeah, it's pretty bad." Damon said, catching my attention again. "But on a better note, how is the mini holiday?"

"It's been great, Grayson loved it." I smiled down at my son. "You should go outside, enjoy nature for once, Damon."

"Nature." He sounded a little disgusted. I laughed. "No, not my thing."

"Damon." I sighed, laying down on Kai. My head on his chest. "You're such a vampire."

"I am." He said, sarcastically. "I hardly realised, I mean I've only been one for over a hundred years."

"Damon you are old." I said, drawing patterns over Kai's chest while he was scrolling through Twitter.

"You seem to have a thing for older guys." I knew Damon was smirking and rolled my eyes.

Kai smirked, obviously hearing. "Kai's not that old."

"Yeah, he's only fifty something." Damon said.

Kai raised his eyebrows. "I'm only forty five." He said, aiming it to Damon.

I cringed. "Don't remind me." Kai chuckled and kissed my forehead.

"Forty five. That's much older than you Riley." Damon said, I hummed.

"I just love a older man, what can I say?" I shrugged and Kai grinned.

++++

"Ri, no." Kai repeated, I rolled my eyes.

"Malachai, remind me who won." I said, cupping my ear to him.

"Yeah but-"

"Remind me who won."

"Ri-"

"Remind me wh-"

"You." He interrupted, sounding annoyed and I smiled.

"Exactly, now you said you would so come on."

"I refuse to get Riley's tattooed all across my back." Kai stated, I rolled my eyes.

"Then get it on your forehead." I traced his forehead. "R-I-L-E-Y-'S. Riley's." I smiled widely, my arms around his neck.

Kai rolled his eyes. "What about I get it on my hip bone?" He suggested, I paused and moved my arms.

I lifted his shirt up, pulling his shorts down a little. "Ri, not in public." Kai said, smirking.

Rolling my eyes, I looked at his hip bone. "Riley's." I said, tracing it across his hip.

I guess that'll do. I decided, nodding to my thoughts.

"Alight, Malachai."

Kai let out a deep breath. "How big does it have to be?"

"The length of my middle finger." I showed him my middle finger and he gave me a stare. "No, I'm not flipping you off. I want it this big."

"Fine." Kai gave in.

"And there has to be a rose next to it."

"Of course."

I laughed, kissing his cheek and adjusted Zeke on my back. "I hate you, Ri."

"Malachai." I put my hand over my heart. "Love you more." I kissed his cheek again and he rolled his eyes but grinned.

Caroline came and picked Grayson up, he was asleep and she insisted because she adores him Kai and I had our water fight, Grayson even joined in for some parts but it was unclear who's side he was on. Although I came out victorious.

"What are you today?" The woman, named Harper as her name tag red, asked.

"He's getting a tattoo on his hip bone." I told her, nudging Kai's arm and he sighed.

Harper nodded. "Alright, so what is he getting?"

"He's getting 'Riley's' with a red rose."

She snorted a laugh, covering her mouth with her hand to calm down and go back to professional. "What?" She asked, looking between Kai and I. "Seriously?"

I nodded. "Yep."

"I'm guessing your name is Riley." Harper pointed at me, I nodded and she chuckled turning back to Kai. "What did you do?"

"I'm being forced into this." Kai said, sending me a glance. "She's a little too jealous at times."

"No." I told her. "He lost a bet."

Harper laughed and I chuckled. "Alright, well follow me and I'll set you up." She told us.

We followed her and I looked at Kai. "Ready?" I asked, as he laid down on the parlour bed. Kai gave me a look, making me laugh.

"Now you see why I was annoyed at getting Kai's on my back."

"That's different."

I rose a brow. "How?"

"That was you and not me."

I rolled my eyes and shoved his arm. He just laughed. Harper came back and I sat on a chair. This is the best idea, I've ever had. I thought, grinning.

++++

A.N -

- New chapter, apologises it such a small chapter.

- Peace.