27

"So let me get this straight." Stefan started, rising up to his feet. "You two are taking your son on a mini holiday while our friend is in a life or death situation because of him." He pointed at Kai.

Kai nodded and I said. "Correct."

Caroline had been watching Grayson as he slept while Kai and I spoke with the brothers.

"But why?" Damon asked, standing up from his seat. "Bonnie's life is more important than sand and water."

"It's only for a few hours, and while we are there we can think of a way to help Bonnie."

Kai shrugged. "But there's nothing we can do."

"I know." Damon sounded disappointed.

Kai sighed. "Not to sound too rude." He began. "But can we leave now?"

Damon shot him a glare, while Kai stood up and adjusted his clothes. "Don't you realise?"

"Damon." Stefan warned but he ignored him.

Damon turned to look at Kai. "It's your fault that any of this is happening in the first place."

"Damon." I stood up myself and glanced over at Kai who merely stared back at Damon.

"Riley, i don't want to listen to whatever defence you've made this time." Damon told me. "It's all his fault from the heretics to Jo losing her baby, Elena back in her coffin and Bonnie becoming a huntress."

Kai tilted his head. "I would have never brought those heretics back or felt the need to do that to Elena if Bonnie didn't leave me in that prison world." He said with a shrug. "But Jo's twins, that was too risky."

I just shook my head at Kai but didn't say anything, Damon somehow managed to compose his anger then said. "Get out of my house."

I took ahold of Kai's arm before he said anything back and told the brothers. "We'll be back tonight."

"Yeah, I'm sure Bonnie can wait." Damon mumbled, pouring himself a glass of bourbons

"Why don't you just kill Bonnie?" Kai suggested. "Kill Bonnie, you get Elena back so problem solved."

"No, Elena will hate me if she knew I did that." Damon replied.

"That's why lying exists." Kai said, shrugging. "I've lied to Riley many times."

I turned my head to look at him, eyebrows raised. "Excuse me?" I asked. "When?"

Kai rolled his eyes. "Come on, Ri. Have you ever lied to me?"

"No comment." I said.

Kai looked back at Damon. "See, just kill her. She won't be missed."

"I'll miss her." I said and the brothers agreed.

"Then what do you suggest we do?" Kai asked.

"Something!" Damon snapped, throwing his glass into the fire. I watched the flames roar as sparks fly around.

"Damon." I took a step closer him. He stared at the fire instead of looking at me. "I won't say it'll be fine since it won't."

He didn't react so I put my hand on his back for comfort. "But I know Bonnie." I said. "And I know, she'll do everything possible to not kill us all because that's how much she loves everyone."

"That's what I kinda hate about her." Damon said, running his hand down his face. "She puts everyone else first and never thinks for herself."

I nodded. "Yeah, she makes us all look like shit." He chuckled.

"Thanks." He replied, looking back at me.

"Anytime." I smiled. "And make sure to not be throwing anymore glass around, I don't want Grayson stepping in it and take a shower, this shirt feels damp."

Damon laughed. "You sure know how to comfort people."

I shrugged with a smile. "It's my superpower."

++++

A.N -

- Gif above is Kai, when Damon is yelling at him.

- Next chapter will be better, I promise.

- Peace.