10

"Where's Kai?" Stefan asked me when I arrived in the car with only Grayson.

"Experiencing his first hangover as a vampire." I answered, putting Grayson in his car seat. "He should be fine in a few hours."

Stefan chuckled. "Good night?" I just winked and he smiled. Valerie laughed.

"What is this place again?"

"A botanic garden." Valerie replied. "It will have the herb that Freya used or someone who will know where to find it."

"And is this our chance?" I asked, sounding unsure.

Valerie and Stefan exchanged a glance but nodded. "Unfortunately, but some of the locals have recommended this place."

"Otherwise we're just back to running." Stefan uttered sounded frustrated as he drove.

I didn't reply and soon we arrived at the gardens. All of us got out of the car and I held Grayson close to my chest. Valerie stood beside me while Stefan lead the way.

It was quiet, very quiet and this place looked like no had treated it for years. "Maybe you should stay in the car Riley."

"No chance, splitting up is so stupid." I told Stefan. Valerie shrugged but nodded in agreement.

"Okay, just don't die because Kai will murder me." He replied. "I already have one psychopath after me, I don't need another."

I shook my head and stayed close to Valerie, while we all entered the gardens. Stefan forced the gates open, the sounds echoing. I put my hand on Grayson's head, stepping over the branches that had overgrown and fallen over.

None of us spoke, or even dared to make a sound. The air felt tight and I didn't even want to swallow the spit in mouth as it felt that it would pierce the silence.

Valerie kept close behind me while Stefan held my hand in his as he lead. Grayson's eyes wondered around but he kept his focus on his dummy.

We walked a little longer and Stefan came to a sudden holt. "Why are we stopping?" I whispered so quietly no human would have heard.

"I think this is it." He replied in the same tone. He turned to look at Valerie, raising his eyebrows.

She brushed past me and looked at what Stefan was looking at. Valerie took a hold of the plant and her face fell. "Not this one."

I saw Stefan's face fall as well. "It's okay, we'll keep looking."

++++

"Malachai, you alive?" I asked him, entering the bedroom.

"No, I'm dead."

I laughed, closing the door behind me. I saw Kai was laying in the bed with his hand underneath the pillow. The room was also dark so I opened the curtains to let in some sunlight.

I placed Grayson the bed and coaxed him over to Kai. He smiled and crawled over until he was on Kai's back. I heard Kai groan and laughed.

Grayson sat on his back, tugging at his hair which peeled from underneath the pillow. "Dada." Grayson blew raspberries, his spit falling onto Kai's back.

"Ri, please move him."

I just laughed but lifted Grayson off of Kai. He reached out to Kai but I shook his head. "Let your dad rest, Gray." I told him. "Even though you haven't seen him all day."

"I saw him last night." Kai said.

"You saw his best last night." I corrected.

Kai chuckled. "Oh right." He rolled over so his face was on show. He half opened his eyes and gave a lazy smile. "Did you get the plant thing?" He asked, yawning towards the end.

I shook my head. "Stefan and Valerie think we should visit Hawaii, Stefan knows of some covens there who might be able to help."

Kai ran his hands down his face. I looked at his scar for a moment. "It's Hawaii then another place and then another."

"Kai-"

"Ri, I'm not spending the rest of life getting false hope."

"Don't say that."

He just shook his head and I sat at on the bed beside him. He put his hand in my thigh.

"Are you even still hungover?" I asked.

Kai squeezed my thigh with a shrug. "I feel better."

I smiled. "Good." I leaned down and kissed his forehead. Kai yawned and put his hands in his hair.

He pouted his lips. "I might shave my head."

My eyes widened. "Don't you dare." I said quickly. He rose a brow and looked at me. "You need your hair."

Amusement ran in his hands. "For what?"

I leaned in, so Grayson couldn't hear. "For me to grab and tug on."

Kai chuckled, licking the upper row of his teeth. I grinned and ran my finger along his jaw. "Shave this off." I told Kai, my finger tracing his stubble.

Kai ran his hand across his chin. "Why? Don't you like it Ri?"

"I did, but now it's getting too long."

He put his hand on his jaw to feel his stubble. "Didn't seem to mind when it tickled your thighs." I rolled my eyes and he winked.

++++

A.N -

- New chapter, hope you all enjoy it.

- Next chapter will be up soon.

- Peace.