Walls

*Jack's POV*

I pull into my driveway and cut the engine.  “Alex?  We’re home.”  He’s seriously sleeping?  I get out of the car and walk around to open his door.  “Alex come on.  I don’t wanna carry you.”

“Carry meee.”

“Oh look, Sleeping Beauty wakes.  Come on, you can go to sleep inside.  Even though it’s only like ten.”  He groans and pulls himself out of the car.  As I unlock the door, he shuffles up the driveway.  “Oh come on, you can make it inside.  To the couch at least,” I joke.

“Can we get blankets and sleep on the living room floor like we used to?” he asks.

“Sounds good to me.  You sit on the couch, I’ll go grab blankets and pillows.  And your pajamas I guess.  You can change down here.”  I jog up the stairs to get the stuff as Alex plops onto the couch.  Running around my room trying to grab things as I change, I think about how I’m going to tell him that I like him.  How is he going to react?  What if he hates me?  Oh God maybe I shouldn’t tell him…

“Jack?  Hurry up with the blankets, I’m cold.  I put in Home Alone for you.”

“Woo, Home Alone!” I yell as I run out of my room and down the stairs.  I drop all the blankets on him and sit down on the floor.

“Uhh Jack...you forgot to put your shirt on,” he says emerging from the massive pile of blankets.  I look down and blush, I was in such a hurry because he said Home Alone that I left my room without my shirt.

“Oh.  Um...I’ll be right back,” I say, but as I go to stand he grabs my wrist and pulls me back down next to him.

“You’re fine Jacky, just watch your movie,” he laughs.  We throw the blankets all over the floor then lay down and get comfortable.  “Weird.  I’m not even tired anymore.”

“I’m not either.”

“Wait...remember the first night I came over?  When we were at my house and you said you needed to tell me something?”

“Um, yeah?” I reply shakily.

“Can you tell me now?”  I take a deep breath and then sigh.

“Hold on,” I tell him.  I get up and grab my guitar then sit back down.  “Remember when you said I had to write a song to prove that I don’t suck at it?  Well I uh wrote one.”

“But what does that have to do with-”

“Just listen, okay?” I cut him off.  I check my tuning and then start strumming the song I wrote for him.

“Hey there it's good to see you again,

It never felt right calling this "just friends".

I'm happy, if you're happy, with yourself,” I sing shakily.  I close my eyes so that I don’t have to look at him and my voice and hands stop shaking.

“Take off your shirt, your shoes,

those skinny jeans I bought for you.

We're diving in, there's nothing left to lose.

I'm gonna break down these walls, I built around myself.

I wanna fall so in love, with you, and no one else,

Could ever mean half as much, to me as you do now.

Together we'll move on, just don't turn around,