Blah

I was going to title this "There is no crying on Wattpad 2- The Poet Edition".

But then I thought "You're Still Not a Poet and You Still Don't Know It,  but now you could also possibly be a Drama Queen- The Cry Baby Edition" would work also.

Then I'm thinking "Uppity Wattpadder 3- I'm Gonna Put You In Time Out" would also fit.

In the end though I will just call it George because, well, the name doesn't really matter.

I have been meaning to update this for a while. You can't throw a pebble in any direction in the Wattpad world and not hit a cry baby. Everyone is always upset about something someone else said about them (or what their weak minds think someone said about them) and then the waterworks and the attacks begin. All of a sudden people come out of the woodwork to tell you that you are wrong because, well, because they are right, and, well, that must mean you are wrong because, well...yeah.

Recently, in a post on my series, "Wattpad Authors You Should Know", I featured a wonderful poet from Wattpad. I thought her poetry was wonderful so I featured her. I did not say she was the only wonderful poet on Wattpad. I did say, however, that I believed that there weren't many real poets on Wattpad. This was my opinion based on my observations in 2 years of reading Wattpad. It still is my opinion. Now I could be wrong, of course, there could be tens of thousand of wonderfully magical poets on Wattpad and I just haven't bumped into them. I guess if and when I do bump into them I will probably change my opinion. In the mean time my opinion stands as is.

But seriously people, as one shepherd told the other shepherd at the base of the hill, "You need to get the flock over it". This is Wattpad. There are no professionals on here. We are all amateur writers. We chose to do this voluntarily. No one forced you to bare your writer-y soul on here. Everyone has a right to say they like your writing or that they don't. As long as they don't personally attack you. I myself like to make general observations on here on what I have seen. That is the essence of "Chasing Wattpad". It's about my experiences. Not yours. Write your own book for yours. If I say I think most poets on here aren't real poets then that is what I believe. You disagree with me? Fine. Say it. Who cares? It's your right.

But if you want to say that I don't have the right or the "skill" to have my own opinion on these things? Well, that just makes you look like a pompous ass. This requirement that I need to be a poet to have an opinion on poetry is ridiculous. I'm sure you have an opinion on which cars are the best, and I'm guessing you never built one.

If some of you want to believe your "the shit" in this writing thing then go on believing it. I find that many of the most famous writers in the world don't consider themselves good enough to be called true writers. They constantly tell the world that they don't believe they have done their stories justice. So who the hell do those uppity writers on Wattpad think they are? Just because they can get children to follow them on a free site? Their arrogance is nauseating.

But let me tell you something. Especially those of you who want to publish one day (without having to shell out your own money). Learn to suck it up. Do it now before you get serious with your writing. I get told on a daily bases that there are things wrong with my writing. I embrace it (well, except for that one jack ass a few months ago). You better get to learning that people have their opinion and they are entitled to it. Rub some dirt on it and move on.

I love writing on Wattpad (except for all the damn breakdowns). It's a fun outlet for my writing. But seriously, I would cut off a body part (not an important one) before I join one the many "mutual admiration societies" on here that do nothing but stroke each other's whatever every time one of them write a sentence. It does no one any good to be told day and night how wonderful they are.

Poets are, by nature, the worst at this (yep, I did it again). Few of them have the courage to tell another poet that they are wrong. This is because there is a "no wrong in poetry" movement out there. Well, I don't know who started that movement, but they didn't do poets any favors. There can be a lot of wrong in poetry. Don't cheapen poetry by telling people it is whatever the hell they want it to be. It isn't. That's just crap.

Why is everyone so afraid of telling people the truth about their writing on this site? I know for a fact there are many sites out there for writers where they will tear you a new one for the same stuff that gets "oohs" and "ahhs" here. Writers have it easy on Wattpad. I, myself, would not last a day on those other sites.

There are groups people out there that actually want to be better writers, but it will never happen if everyone just lies to each other about how good they are. Some people tell me I suck right in the comment section. Others message me and tell where they believe I went wrong in the writing. That is an awesome thing and I welcome it.

In the end, I may be easier on poets than many poets here are on themselves and others. There are rumors of groups of poets in dark corners of Wattpad who band together in an attempt to run off poets who they don't like. They bully them. They create fake pages to stalk them. They find ways to destroy them and belittle their work. They write poems making fun of them and their work. If it's true I hope their is a special place in hell for people like that. That's just evil. If there isn't a place like that in hell for them, then rest assured that I will make one when I get there.

Look guys, just write. Don't worry about what some dumbass thinks about you or what you have chosen to do with your time. And please, please don't cry when somebody doesn't believe in what you do. It's okay that they don't. It's actually very okay that they don't. It's not the end of the world. It's not the end of your world if someone says they don't like your writing. And if it is then you better get your priorities straight because it's just damn words. You don't own them. They don't, nor have they ever, belonged to you.

When I say "There is no crying on Wattpad" I am, of course, being ironic, and, possibly, sarcastic. There is plenty of crying on Wattpad. There will always be crying on Wattpad. It's full of writers, and writers are just a bunch of touchy, feely, empathetic, melodramatic babies who have to cry. It's what we do. Oh, and yeah, some of us, when we are not crying, write stuff. Some of it's pretty good, but yeah, most of it is crap. But that's nothing to cry about.