Chapter 8

Kyle woke up slowly on the couch and shifted slightly.

"ahhhh." He grunts.

Bianca comes running to his side.

"Kyle just breath, you're really hurt you need to rest." Bianca mumbles as she places a hand on Kyle's shoulder.

"Bianca." Kyle mumbles.

"Kyle i'm here, just relax." Bianca sighs.

"can you help me get up?" Kyle begs.

"are you crazy Kyle, you were crying out a second ago." Bianca sighs.

"I just need to walk around for a bit." Kyle begs looking at Bianca with his brown eyes.

"Kyle..." Bianca starts.

"Please." Kyle begs.

Kyle hated being useless and at the moment he felt it, he had to get up.

"If Brax and Heath find out they are both going to kill me." Bianca sighs.

"I'll take the blame just please Bianca i need to get up," Kyle begs.

"fine Kyle." Bianca huffs as she helps Kyle to his feet.

"How do you feel?" Bianca asks.

"Bianca, I'm fine." Kyle sighs.

but after one more step he falls flat on his face.

"ahhh." Kyle cries out.

Brax comes running in.

"Kyle." He yells running up to his younger brother.

"I'm sorry Brax." Bianca apologies as she stares at Kyle who is holding his ribs in agony.

"it's fine Bianca i know it would of been this idiots idea." Brax grunts as he pulls Kyle to his feet.

"are you thick or something Kyle why would you try and walk you have been assaulted just yesterday and we don't even know who did it, look after yourself you idiot." Brax grunts.

"I hate being useless." Kyle grunts.

"I don't care Kyle, you are going to lie down on that couch and let everyone run around after you until you have recovered." Brax grunts softly placing Kyle on the couch.

"But." Kyle protests.

"No buts Kyle." Brax grunts walking away from his brother.

"Keep an eye on him, he doesn't move and make sure he eats i'm going to the restaurant." Brax sighs to Bianca.

"Look after yourself mate." Brax mumbles as he passes Kyle and lightly taps him on the shoulder.

"get comfy Kyle." Bianca sighs as she sits in the armchair.

"you don't need to babysit me you know Bianca." Kyle laughs.

"Kyle let me explain something to you, your brothers may act like the big, tough guys who never cry, but they were generally scared when you never came home, if they lost you or Casey it would kill them, and since i'm married to Heath the same goes for me." Bianca sighs.

"but i'm not a little kid." Kyle sighs.

"Kyle you are 23, Casey is 21, Heath is 29 and Brax is 32, you may not be a little kid but you are defiantly little compared to them." Bianca laughs.

"so no matter how old me and Case get we are always going to be the baby brothers." Kyle sighs.

"yep, pretty much Kyle," Bianca laughs.

"you really scared you brothers Kyle, if you can remember anything please tell us." Bianca begs.

Kyle just wished he could but he would endanger everyone else.

"Kyle?" Bianca asks.

"no can't remember." Kyle lies.

"Just sleep Kyle, looks like you need it." Bianca sighs.

"thanks." Kyle mumbles.

"sorry Kyle but its true you need sleep." Bianca mutters.

Kyle rests down on his pillows and goes to sleep.

If Kyle told his family what happened he would end up getting a bullet through the skull just like his mother.

flashback

8 year old Kyle Bennett was playing cards with his mum.

"Snap." he yells as he sees a pair and grins when he wins the game.

"you're getting too good at this little man." Lisa Bennett laughs as her son gathers all the cards.

"Mum will dad ever come back?"Kyle asks.

"Kyle you know your dad has another family." Lisa sighs.

"I know but what makes me so different why can't he visit me more?" Kyle asks.

"Because your a whiny little wuss." Duncan grunts as he enters the room.

"get out of my house Duncan, you know that you are no longer welcome here." Lisa yells.

"oh please Lisa when have i ever listened to you." Duncan sneers grabbing Kyle by the back of his T-shirt.

"Mum." Kyle cries out struggling to get away from his Uncle.

"let my son go." Lisa yells.

Duncan pulls out a gun and holds it to Kyle's temple.

"Mum, please make him stop." Kyle sobs.

"Duncan let my son go please i'll do anything you want just please don't hurt my baby." Lisa begs.

"i want you gone so ill get all mum and dads money." Duncan snarls.

"okay you can have it all just please let Kyle go he's just a kid." Lisa begs.

" Oh don't worry I'm not going to kill your precious baby i have something different planned for him." Duncan snarls.

"but as for you." Duncan laughs as he sends a bullet straight into his sisters skull.

"Mum!" Kyle yells as he tries to get to his mother.

"you listen here, i hate being related to you but have to live with it." Duncan grunts.

"you're going to jail." Kyle yells trying to get away from his uncle.

"you think so do you, you listen here you little baby. if you tell anyone what happened here tonight i will make sure you have a very slow very painful death." Duncan snarls as he grab Kyle tightly by the upper arm.

end of flashback.

Kyle slowly woke up, he could hear voices around him but he couldn't pick them up.

"Brax?" He mumbles.

"right here mate." Brax mutters placing a hand on Kyle's shoulder.

"are you okay?" Brax asks.

"yea, Brax i need to tell you something." Kyle mumbles.

"what is it mate?" Brax asks.