79%

-

-

Zayn looks around at all the people mingling around from where he's sitting at a decorated table, waiting for Liam to come back with their drinks. No one else is at their table right now even though Zayn can see different name cards, and he's pretty sure they all have the name to Liam's family(which spikes Zayn's nerves even more).

Everyone is up and congratulating the newlyweds who just had their first dance and Zayn couldn't stop smiling at the beautiful scene in front of him.

He hasn't properly introduced himself to Liam's parents or sisters yet, which is really because he's insisted the family is to busy right now to meet him. So he's gone through the ceremony without meeting them, even though he's seen the smiles by Liam's mom and sister sent his way.

He jumps in his seat when he feels fingers at the back of his head, calms down when he hears Liam's familiar chuckle seconds later. He smiles at the man, taking the flute of champagne out of his hands and quickly gulping half of it down.

"You alright?" Liam asks, smiling amusedly at the way he practically chugged down the champagne.

Zayn looks at him with wide eyes before he's biting his bottom lip, "The nerves are coming back," He states before looking back to where Liam's parents are talking to Liam's sister Ruth and her newly made husband.

Liam's hand goes to his back and rubs soothing circles, "Don't worry, they're excited to meet you. I had to hold them off in the beginning when we got here, wanted to bring you in Ruth's dressing room but I told them to wait until after the ceremony."

Zayn's not worried about meeting Liam's mother or either of his sisters, can tell they're itching to meet him with the smiles sent his way during the ceremony every time Liam would pull him in close and press small kisses to his lips. He's only really worried about meeting Liam's father, who Zayn's seen throughout the wedding looking calm and collected(He did tear up though when the vows were being said).

His eyes find said man, standing by his wife as they talk to the newlyweds and Zayn can't help but to finish the rest of his champagne. He really is nervous about meeting the man.

"The good thing about meeting them here," Liam states, breaking Zayn's gaze away as he looks to the man beside who is staring at the same scene he was, "Is he won't make a scene about it."

Zayn's heart drops in the pit of his stomach at that, "Liam- he's still not-" He cuts himself off when Liam shrugs his shoulders and leans back in his chair.

"He says he doesn't mind it, he's okay with you and me but... he said it would be a bit awkward in the beginning actually seeing us together."