Chapter 28: Stay

This is extremely short but I wanted to update. I promise this is the last filler chapter!

"You aren't pregnant." He says flatly.

I don't know what to feel as I hear this.

I know sex wont make him love me and a baby won't make him stay but...I wanted a part of him with me.

But then again, I was relieved I didn't have to deal with the after math.

I nod slowly and look over at Damon who's expression isn't readable.
Randy holds on to the papers and puts them in his brief case while I go and sit on the couch.
Damon's phone rings and his eyes widen as he sees the caller and he slips out the room.

"Your symptoms are probably due to your increase of stress. Which may explain your constant vomiting and your emotional behavior. I'm prescribing medicine for your anxiety. Take one, every morning with your breakfast. If you have any change in your behavior that is worse, call me immediately." He instructs handing me a bottle.

"Thank you Randy." I say calmly and I set it on the table behind me.

Damon joined us back in the room and I look up at the ceiling.

Once again, I felt like I was going to cry. Why did this ruin my day?

I held my stomach and swallowed the heavy lump in my throat.

"What's wrong?" Damon asks me as Randy leaves the house.

"Nothing. What's wrong with you?" I retort back angrily.

I wasn't mad with him. I was just....mad with everything else.

"What do you mean?" He asks and flinches back.
"You've been acting weird all day. Matter of fact- all week." I point out.
His face scrunched up as I notice he takes a defensive grimace.
"Just cause you've been in your feelings lately, doesn't mean I have." He replies bluntly.

"You haven't been in your feelings. You've been acting secretive. Right now, I need you more than ever and you seem so distant."

"Look, Raphael was just some guy you fucked. Cameron had more of an affect on you than he did. So why are you bitching?" I roll my eyes and sit up.

"I'm not bitching. I'm just saying, I need a friend right now. And don't ever compare Raphael to Cameron. I actually care about Raphael." I say as I rise to stare him in The eyes.

"That's a first." He grumbles, glaring at me.
Ouch. That hurts.
"What the fuck is your issue?" I growl and Damon turns around to punch a wall.

Damon has never acted like this...he was a pacifist in some type of way and rarely showed true masculinity. But this was...different and frankly it scared me.

"You don't get it do you? Raphael is married. He has a wife and a kid on the way. You're here...you won't ever be there."
I bite the inside of my cheek and look away, feeling tears slip out of my eyes, that I quickly wipe away, so he couldn't tell.

"I know that." I croak. "Yeah, but you don't understand that. You were hoping you were pregnant, weren't you?" He asks, maneuvering around to look me in the eyes.
I don't say anything, I just blink my eyes, suppressing more tears.

"You can't be serious." He says strongly and I turn and look at him.

"You can't blame me for how I feel." I defend and turn to him.

He's never been so cold...
"Im saying this because I love you. You don't love him, Rose. You need to understand that." He says, shaking his head in disapproval.

He leaves me there, walking back up the stairs.

I don't know what I should be more shocked about.

The fact he said, I didn't care about Raphael.
Or the fact he called me Rose.

He vowed...he would never...ever call me Rose.

Aaron came home around 6 in the afternoon and it became dark outside.

I grabbed the bowl of candy and prepared for the trick or treaters.

A few 5 year olds came with their parents, dressed as a lady bug and a power ranger, making me smile.
"Twick or Tweet!" They chime since they're both missing their front teeth.

The father and mother smiled happily at their children as I let them pick out their candy.

It made me sad in a sense...it couldn't be Raphael and I...

Stop thinking that M'!

I press my lips together and wait by the door and I hear another knock.

It's a girl about 8 years old with a princess outfit on.
How typical.
"Trick or treat." She says with a bright smile.
"Good evening princess, care for some candy?" I say and she grins. "Yes please." I give her a handful and put it in her bag.

"Here. Some man told me to give this to you." She says handing me an envelope.

"What did he look like?" I ask.
She shrugs and looks back. "He had a mask."

I frown and she steps back. "Well. Happy Halloween!" She says and I blink.

Happy Halloween indeed.

I quickly open the envelope and pick up an airline ticket with a note that says.

Make sure Raphael stays. Go to the airport and get him. It's not fair that we had an advantage. Go get him back. His wife has some explaining to do. Things are just getting started my sweet.

~*~*~*
I know it's not long but I wanted to give y'all something. I wrote this in 6 minutes so Cut me some slack
Sorry it's short but today is my mothers birthday!!!!

Without her, I wouldn't be here and I love her a lot. She's a strong woman who has taught me so much and even though we may fight .

She's stuck with my big head always <3