Three

The longer my brother was in the hospital, the more I had thirst for revenge.

"We don't know when he'll wake up," the doctor said, "Or... if he'll ever wake up."

Those words lingered in my mind as I was having another sleepless night. I laid awake till sunrise, I could hear my mother waking up and walking in the hallway. I hesitantly got up from bed, it hurt to see her crying every time something reminded her of Vic... which was everything.

After trying to make her calm down, I began to get ready for class. I've always wondered how I got myself into this gang mess but I remembered it was our family's desperate need for money. Being homeless with your family for a year was enough to make you money thirsty.

I never saw the point in going to school, I only did it for Vic who insisted that I at least finish high school. I knew I was capable of getting good grades but I always half-ássed my work, I was just too plain lazy and school wasn't for me.

I entered school, late as always. The teachers didn't even bother noticing me anymore, I just strolled in class and sat next to this sexy áss girl, "Sup, Alysha."

She smiled as she twirled her hair, I loved girls that played hard to get, "Hey, Mike."

"Let's hang out later," I said, kicking my feet up the table.

She eyed me with a smirk on her face, "I'll see."

I made sure no one knew about my personal life and I planned on keeping it that way, which meant no one could know about what happened to Vic. School was a fücking drag, luckily I had some classes with Jaime.

"Foo," he said, "I've got some information about the gang leader."

I dropped the pencil I was throwing up in the air, "What?"

"Turns out him and his gang go to our school, our territory," he said, "We have the upper hand, we know these grounds better than they do."

When he wasn't dumb high, he was actually pretty smart, "Keep investigating, we have eyes and ears around this school. Bribe some if needed, although I doubt they would need any bribing," I cracked my knuckles, causing him to laugh.

"I'll keep you updated," he said.

~
Alysha and I were decided to smoke at the skate park, turns out she was more of a baddie than I thought, "You skate?"

She shook her head, "Wish I could."

I grabbed her hand and stood her up, "C'mon, I'll teach you."

"I just wanna chill, man," he took a puff from the small pink, marbled pipe she had, "Just relax, enjoy the view."

I grunted but I let her have her way just this once, she was lucky I developed a soft spot for her... a very small one. I watched as she looked at the skateboarders in a daze, her eyes red as can be. She was smiling, showing her adorable crooked teeth.

I leaned back on the bench under the shade of the tree, it was personally my favorite spot in this whole park. Vic and I used to play here all the time when we were kids, he loved skateboarding.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I saw someone wave their hand in front of me, my eyes stupidly followed it, "Earth to Mike!" I heard Alysha say.

My movements felt slow but I turned to look at her, "What?"

"You were staring at Tony," she giggled.

"Who?" I looked around as if I would have any idea who Tony was.

She pointed to him, "That's him over there."

I tried to trail my eyes to where she was pointing but everyone was moving too fast for me to grasp their faces, "Screw this, I don't even care who Tony is."

"I think he's pretty hot and adorable," she paused, "All at the same time."

"Oh, really?" I turned to her and began to eye her, taking her hand and playing with her fingers, "And what am I?"

She pretended to think, "Jealous that Tony might steal me away from you?"

I knew she was only playing around but I felt a tug in my chest so I turned away, "Nah, you mine already."

She giggled but didn't say anything, she just sat there with a big smile on her face as her cheeks reddened. She was so innocent, so naive, so lost in her own little world that she made me feel like she was too pure to touch. Then it donned to me that no one would suspect of someone like her, an idea came to mind.

"'Alysha?"

"Yeah?" She asked, still staring at the skateboarders.

"Think you can do a favor for me?" I asked.

"Sure," she turned to look at me, "What is it?"

"If you see anything suspicious, think you can tell me?" I asked, hoping she would understand because of how high she was.

"Uhh, yeahh," she pointed, "Tony is suspicious for being so good looking," she giggled, "He should be having loads of bítches around him but I guess 'cause he's too quiet."

I rolled my eyes, it was hopeless. There were a couple of skateboarders but then finally saw who she was talking about. He was standing with his skateboard on the side, talking to someone. He turned and I was finally able to see his face, an uncomfortable feeling spread throughout my body.

My stomach was feeling weird, "Let's go eat, I'm starving."

"Aww," she whined, "You were supposed to bring the munchies!"

"I'll buy you food," I stood her up, "Now shut up and let's go."

I hurried away with her, the farther away I got from that Tony guy, the better I felt.

.
.
.
.
.
.
*:.. o(≧▽≦)o ..:*
Blah.