Two

*one week before*

"Look, Mikey, we making mad money! Whachu worried 'bout?" Ronnie asked as he counted the stacks of bills.

"Yeah, vato," Jaime chimed in, "We got el billete to provide for our families."

I slammed my fist on the wall, "By selling drugs to people in the streets! Sometimes I wish I could quit this bullshít and win money the right way."

Ronnie scoffed, "Since when do you care about winning money the right way? We've been doing this since we were thirteen."

"Because we didn't know better," I glared, "Now we're balls deep into this shít with no easy way out."

"Of course homie," Ronnie said, "It's ride or die."

"You mean kill or be killed," I seethed, "We've killed too many innocent people, karma is going to get us back... someday."

"Nah, foo," Jaime said, high as fück, "You paranoid as hell, man. As long as we do our job well, no one close to us will get hurt."

"Yeah," Ronnie said, "Our rival gang stays in their territory, we stay in ours. Simple as that."

~
It was in the middle of the night when I heard someone frantically knocking on my window. I lazily got up and went to open it, "What the fück man, ever heard of sleep?"

"Shít, Mike, you gotta help me," Ronnie panted as he climbed into my room.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed, "What'd you do now?"

"Listen— I'm telling you this now, I didn't know she was part of Velos Del Diablo, I fúcked up, I fúcked up big time," he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Just spit it out, what did you do?" I said sternly.

"We were having a good time, man, she wanted me to choke her a-and I did but I think I did it too hard and- and," he let out a small cry, "Fücking hell, I think I killed her."

"Why, Ronnie? Why?" In a moment of sudden anger, I punched his face, making him fall to the ground, "I told you to never trust those bítches you see in the fücking streets!"

"I know, I know!" He said frustratedly, "W-We have to kill them or they'll kill me! They're going to come after me, oh god..." He stared into the air in horror.

I let out a chuckle, "Oh, Ronnie..."

"What are you laughing at?" He looked at me like I was insane.

"Leave it up to you to ruin the-" I made quotation marks in the air- "peace between two gangs. You started a war, Ronnie, you're going to end it."

He fell to his knees and clutched my shirt, I looked at him in disgust, "Micheal, you're a reasonable human, you have to help me! Ride or die, remember?!"

I carefully took his hands off of me, "I'll see what I can do but I fücking swear... if something happens to my finally because of you," I dabbed my finger on his chest, "I'll be the one to personally kill you."

*present time*

I laughed as I watched Ronnie get tied to the chair, his muffled screams and hopeless effort to escape, "Oh dear, what do we have here?"

Once he was properly set on the chair, he looked at me with fear. I circled around him, carefully observing him as he struggled to free his arms.

"Tsk, tsk," I shook my head, "You've been working here for a while now, you should know that it's impossible to untie yourself, no matter how hard you try."

His talking was muffled by the tape around his lips, he let out whimpers as tears flowed from his eyes, "You know, it's funny how I told you I would kill you if something happened to my family." I kneeled in front him, looking into his eyes filled with fear and desperation, "I hope you know that I wasn't joking."

I paced around him once more, his head hung low as he let out sobs. I rolled my eyes and went to rip off the tape from his mouth, causing him to scream in pain.

"Micheal!" He panted, "Micheal, please! Don't kill me!"

I smiled as I took out a small pocket knife from my back pocket, twirling it on my fingers, "Do you know what happened?"

He shook his head, "I-I don't know b-but whatever it was, I-I'm sorry!"

Without thinking, I rammed the pocket knife into his thigh, receiving an ear-piercing scream in return, "An apology won't wake up my brother from a fücking coma!"

"I-I don't know what you're t-talking about!" He screamed.

I laughed, I laughed like there was something actually funny to laugh about, "Los Hijos Del Diablo shot my fücking brother!" I spat, "They shot him!"

"Hime," I said, "Pass me the cigar cutter."

I watched in satisfaction as Ronnie's eyes grew wide, "No, no! Just kill me already! Mike, please!"

He struggled against the ropes as I inserted his thumb into cigar cutter, "I told you I would kill you," I smiled, "But I didn't say it would be quick."

I squeezed the cigar cutter, Ronnie screamed as his thumb fell onto the floor and blood flooded out of his hand. Jaime kept a straight face, he was used to this as much as I was. I just watched as Ronnie writhed in pain, Jeremy smirked at the sight.

I nodded towards Ronnie, "Jeremy, have a little fun," I instructed.

Jeremy didn't hesitate in following my orders, torturing people was his favorite thing to do. I gestured Jaime to follow me as we walked out of the basement, I noticed he was a bit tense.

"You cool, Hime?" I asked as we walked to my car.

"Y-Yeah," he said a little uneasily.

I could see a hint of fear in his expression and I realized what he was afraid of, "I would never do that to you– ever. We grew up together and besides, Ronnie fúcked up too many times."

He let out a shaky laugh, "Thanks, Mike."

We headed towards the hospital where my brother was, he was still under intensive care. It was a quiet ride, not exactly comfortable but not uncomfortable either. After we arrived, I parked my car and headed to Vic's room. Jaime watched from a distance, he was one of the first to see my brother in this condition.

"What... what happened to him?" He asked quietly.

"Got shot front and back several times," I said, "He suffered blood loss, went into a cardiac arrest, and now... now he's in a coma."

"I'm sorry, man," Jaime put his hand on my shoulder, "He's a strong one, he'll get out of this."

"He's a good kid," I felt my lips quiver, "I earned enough money so that he could go to college out of state, a good one. He had a whole future in front of him and I... and I ruined it for him, it's all my fault," I barely said in a whisper.

There was a lump on my throat and tears threatened to spill out of my eyes. I wouldn't have cried, if it weren't for Jaime who said, "Holy shít, y-you're actually crying... I-I've never seen you cry before."

Before I could say anything, he pulled me into a tight embrace and the cascade of tears began to flow. I couldn't stop them, it was like they had a mind of their own. From the corner of my eye, I could see Vic's unconscious body. I would give anything in the world just to see my brother open his eyes once more, or to have him fight with me over who would sit in front of the car with dad.

I would do anything just to have my brother again. Anything.

.
.
.
.
.
.
*:.. o(≧▽≦)o ..:*
What do you guys think so far? Please comment! I know it's pretty gruesome, but that's just how it is.