chapter 13 - its just not worth it anymore

Chapter 13 - It's Just Not Worth It Anymore.

ARIELLE'S P.O.V

I pushed Tony away from me. What was he thinking? Peyton was one of my best friends. She'd never forgive either of us for this. I walked out of the door and headed for Nathan's. Right now, he was the only one I felt I could talk to. I knocked on his door but there was no answer. Maybe he'd gone on a walk or something. I sulked the rest of the way back home, my head hanging low and the stream of tears on my cheeks never ending. I entered the house quietly so that Jamie wouldnt hear and went upstairs to my room. I sat down at my dresser and stared intently at my reflection. My usually smooth, sleek hair was disarrayed, my cheeks were stained with tears and mascara and for once I actually had visible dark circles beneath my eyes. I burried my face in my hands and cried. I missed my mom. These were the times when I needed her most. Sure, she would be visiting in a week for the school concert but I needed her now. I missed how she would hold my hand whilst I poured my heart out to her and how she cried along with me so that I didnt feel like such an idiot. As much as I loved living with Jamie, there are just some things only a mother can fix. This, was most definitely one of them.

I got up from my stool, dusted myself off and went for a shower. After a long 15 minutes of standing in the heat, I decided I should probably get out. I washed my face and dryed my hair before taking another look in the mirror. There. The Arielle Davidson we all know. I stuck out my chin and picked myself up before going to bed. You see that's what I had always been good at. Picking up the broken pieces left behind by some self absorbed idiot who never truely cared for me, though I was to dumb to see it. I was done with boys. All they ever brought was pain and heartbreak and at the end of the day... Its just not worth it anymore.

NATHAN'S P.O.V

I lay down in my bed with an idiotic grin across my face. At last. I had her back. I had been such a jealous, self absorbed idiot before to care about who I was really hurting. I was undoubtedly in love with Ari and I was hurt that Jason got in before me, I guess. But none of that mattered anymore because I had my friend back.

I rolled over in my bed and draped my arm over Jessica who was asleep next to me. And things with Arielle and I should stay this way as long as she doesnt find out about this.

STEFAN'S P.O.V

I lay on my bed, staring angrily at the ceiling. It had been a week already. Why had Kate not broke up with Johnny? For the past week I had distanced myself from the rest of the group, not that they'd probably notice. I couldnt face Johnny. Not now. Besides, Kate was always there... And she was all over him... I just couldnt face it.

"Stefan", a soft voice said. I jumped up in alarm and turned to see that Johnny was standing in my doorframe. "Uhh... Hey", I said, scratching nervously at the back of my neck. "I know, Stefan", he announced. "Know what?", I asked, keeping my eyes down. Dont look at him. "That you're gay", he half-whispered. "What are you talking about?", I defended. "And I also know that you're in love with me", Johnny continued. "You're crazy", I laughed awkwardly. "No, Im not. Im... confused... Why didnt you just tell me instead of hiding away? You never even asked if I felt the same way", he insisted. "If you liked me you wouldnt be with Kate", I scoffed, "And Im not gay anyway". Johnny stood staring at me for a minute before I decided I couldnt bear it anymore. "You should go", I said, turning my back to him. "Okay", he said softly. He walked over to me and took my hand in his, kissed me very softly and then left. What just happened?

[AN:- really sorry that this is so late and so short . I'll be updating more from now on and I promise they'll be longer. Please bear with me! Im just trying to juggle school, my boyfriend, dancing and friends etc right now as well as this so I'll just write whenever I can. 155 votes for a new chapter everyone, a lot I know, but hopefully that should give me some time to get some writing done. Thanks!!

all my love,

- Gillyan xoxo]