Chapter 10 - isnt young love adorable, Adrian?

Chapter 10 - Isn't Young Love Adorable, Adrian?

"Arielle thats beautiful! Now if you lift your back leg a little bit it will be exquisit!", The workshop teacher, Ms Lauren hollered. "Should I arch my back a little more, drop my head back a bit?", I asked once I had extended my leg again and raised it slightly. I showed her what I meant by 'arching my back' and 'dropping my head'. She thought for a moment then nodded, "Yes. That looks better. Ahh, Bennet! Come here. Would you dance the second number with Arielle for me?". Bennet approached me, pushing his hair back and nodded to Ms Lauren. "You want me to do THE swan lake routine at the show?", I asked, shocked. Id loved to go to the theatre and see swan lake with my grandmother as a kid. The routine she was speaking of was the one everyone know. It was so romantic and intimate. Every little girl who has seen swan lake wants a love story like that. "Well yes. Yes of course. You and Bennet are the best to play the parts. You've got such chemistry", she shrugged, as if to say who-else-would-play-the-parts-you-freak? "Im honoured", I smiled. She beamed, "Dont you just adore young love, Adrian? Such a beautiful couple they make". Adrian was the college scout who had come to see if I deserved a scholarship or not. He had been sitting in the corner, watching intently and taking notes. He nodded enthusiastically to Ms Lauren. "Oh erm.. We're actually-", I began before being interupted by Bennet saying, "-We're completely in love. Arent we princess?". Bennet wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me to him. "They're thinking of offering us a joint scholarship if we're a couple. Just pretend", he whispered as he pretended to kiss my forehead. Well it would have been nice of him to tell me in advance! What does a joint scholarship entail exactly? 'Pretend to be his girlfriend', what does that even mean?! How far was he going to go with this? Well, no point in standing staring at him like an idiot! Make a decision dammit! "Why yes", I cooed, admiringly. "Lovely. Now! How about running that number".

TONY'S P.O.V

I kissed Peyton softly on the lips and pulled her to sit on my bed next to me. I slipped her coat off of her shoulders and placed my hands in the small of her back. Her tiny, delicate hands fluttered up to my hair where they stayed for a while before resting on the back of my neck. The kiss got more intense and she clung to my hair, not painfully so though. I pulled her body closer to mine and threw her legs across mine. After a long while, we pulled apart, breathless. "Hi", I smiled. "Hey", she giggled. "Have you spoken to Arielle today?", I asked, eager to know that she was alright. "Uhh... No. Why?", she frowned. "Just curious", I shrugged. "Kate's meeting us all later but everybody else is getting together at Gloria's now-ish", she said, getting up and putting her coat back on. "Oh", I sighed. "What?", she laughed. "I just hoped we might have some time here first", I admitted, "maybe like 7 minutes?". Peyton gasped at my crudeness then giggled and sat down on my knee. "I guess we've got some time", she laughed.

STEFAN'S P.O.V

"Geez! Where are they?", I groaned, taking another shot and making it. "You probably don't wanna know", Johnny sniggered. He took a shot with his cue but didn't manage to pot the ball. "What do you mean?", I frowned, lining up the cue. "You're so innocent Stef. It's cute", he smiled. My heart melted when he looked at me that way. I quickly shook the thought away, scolding myself for thinking such a thing about a guy. 'It's vile', my conscience told me, 'what would he say if he knew what you were thinking right now?'. I agreed my conscience had a point there. Johnny would be disgusted to think I was gay. Even more so if he knew my attractions were pointed to him. Johnny took another shot, biting his lip. He looked really... Never mind. I'm not gay.

KATE'S P.O.V

Peyton and Tony finally sauntered into Gloria's, about 10 minutes late. "You took your time", I scoffed. "Right... Uh sorry. We uhmm... Doesn't matter we're here now. Hey!", Peyton grinned. I narrowed my eyes at her suspiciously but then decided it probably wasn't the best idea to interrogate her here. If she had beans to spill, she could spill them later and privately. Johnny and Stefan came over from the pool table and joined us all at the table. A waitress whom I didn't recognise who was obviously covering Arielle's shift came to distribute menus. We thanked her and looked at what was on them. A while later she returned to take our orders and bring our drinks. All sodas as always.

"Stefan? You alright?", I asked. He'd been staring at his lunch for ages without eating anything. "What? Oh... Er. Yea", he half smiled. I patted his arm gently and he smiled gratefully. "Have you spoken to Arielle today?", Tony asked me. "Uhh... Yeah. Why?", I asked. Why did he even care so much? He's asked me every day since she left yet her boyfriend hadnt. "Im just asking Kate", he defended. I nodded and went back to my burger.

After we ate, we split the bill and left Gloria's. We walked along the path towards the park together. "I dont feel great. I think I'll go home", Stefan frowned and walked off the the opposite direction. Something was up and I could sense it. "Im going with him", I told the others. "Its alright. I'll go", Johnny said. I looked at him, opened my mouth to say something but closed it again. Johnny knew Stefan better than anyone. If anyone could get him to talk it was Johnny.

STEFAN'S P.O.V

I thrusted my hands into my pockets and strode away from my friends. A single tear escaped but instead of rubbing it away as though it never happened like I normally did, I let my tears flow freely. I was alone and I was simply too confused to care. "Stefan!", someone called from behind me. I picked up pace but the voice persisted, "Wait! Stef!". I stopped and turned around to see the person Id been running from. "Are you crying?", he asked alarmed. He took my face in his hands and dried up my tears with his thumbs. I shrugged and kept my eyes down. "Did I do something?", he asked. The hurt sound to his voice broke my heart. I shook my head violently and stepped back. The closeness was making me unconfortable. "Just feel unwell", I murmered and walked off. This time he let me go. Nobody stopped me.

BENNET'S P.O.V

"That was great everyone", Ms Lauren smiled to us. Juliet and Callie smiled happily and went to change. "See you tomorrow", Ms Lauren dismissed us and we all changed back into our regular clothes. I grabbed Arielle's waist and pulled her to me. She furrowed her brows at me but I whispered to her that we had to make it seem real that we were dating. She nodded and wrapped her arms round my neck. Ms Lauren and Adrian grinned in admiration at us. Ok I know what I did next was maybe too much but I really liked Arielle and there I was with the perfect excuse to 'date' her. "For the scholarship", I whispered in her ear. "Wha-", she began but I interupted her by connecting my lips with hers. After a momment or so she pulled back. She smiled up at me and went to get changed.

JOHNNY'S P.O.V

I was really worried about Stefan. He's been my best friend as long as I can remember but now he's more distant than ever. Something is bothering him and I can sense it. He has always helped me through everything so I owe it to him to fix this. Whatever it is that's going on, whatever is making him so sad, I will stop at nothing to help him. I'd do anything to make Stef happy again.

[AN:- sorry this took so long! I've been editing this chapter for ages, not being able to get a got piece written. It's sort of a filler chapter so I apologise if its a little sluggish. Anyway!!! Get me to 67 votes on the book and I'll release spoilers by Wednesday! I'll get a new chapter up ASAP! Love you all Gillynators!!!

-Gillyan xo]