chapter 3 - whatever helps you sleep at night.

[AN:- okay okay, so before this continues, just know that this is not just your average cliché love story. I don't want you all to be thinking 'of course he almost kissed her in chapter 2! They'll have kissed and started dating by chapter 3's end! They'll be married or having a baby by chapter 4!' Because trust me, that's not what I intend for the book. I'm open to ideas from fans for new characters or plots and I will give a shout out or dedication to anyone's ideas that I use or am given. Enjoying this book? Please tell your friends etc about it! Encourage others to read my work please! Thank you! I can't believe the support I've had so far. It means a lot. Thank you.

-Gillyan xoxo]

Chapter 3 - Whatever helps you sleep at night.

In school the following day, my year group was spending the day in music so that Mr Lothario could sort out bands and get prepped for the concert. I sat with my band whilst everyone else was arranged into groups. The teacher had already told us that our band wouldnt change so we sat aside. "I didnt see you at Ian's", Kate said to me. "I didnt stay long. Tony and I went back to his", I replied, looking at Jason but he was in a deep conversation with Tony and hadnt heard me. "Oh?", Kate said sounding surprised, her eyes wide. "No! Ew, no. Not like that. We just watched the vampire diaries all night", I laughed, "Why do you always think of the most innapropriate theories Kate?". She giggled, "Sorry... So do you want to hang out tonight?". "Sure! Text me later", I smiled. She stood up and went to talk to Jason and Tony. Almost immediately after she left, Nathan sat down in her place. "Hey you", he winked.

"Hi Nate".

"Listen... I know you and Jess dont exactly see eye-to-eye but I really would hate to lose this", he said pointing from him to me. "You're my best friend, Ari".

"Me too. And I can try to be nice to her... I just dont see her returning the gesture".

"Thanks", he smiled warmly, "Come here". He pulled me into his arms and hugged me. Gosh, he smelled good. Dammit Arielle! Stop gushing over Nathan, geez! I mentally scolded myself. But he was really beautiful... And so is his girlfriend, my concience added for me. "So what are you doing tonight?", he asked me once we'd pulled away, taking my hand and lightly squeezing it. "Kate and I are hanging out", I responded. Damn Kate! I could have hung out with Nate instead. "Mind if I join?", he asked nonchalontly. "If you'd like. Only if you bring the popcorn", I giggled. Yes! I might still get to hang out with Nate! Score! Shh brain, you're embarrassing. me! "Sure. So your place at say... 7 ish?", he chuckled. I nodded and said we should probably run it by Kate first of all. We did, and she agreed happily. Just like old times. Kate, Nate and I hadnt had a proper hang out just the 3 of us in ages! It would be good to have a catch up. "Okay class! Lets get rehearsing!", Mr Lothario announced. It was only then that I realised everyone was in groups and waiting to practice. Our group practiced in the drama classroom next door to music. "That sounded awesome!", Bryony cooed as she entered the class after we finished a run through of the song. "Beautiful", she clapped. "Thanks", I replied with a small smile. Aw, cute little Bryony. "H-hi Tony", she smiled, blushing. "Hey", he replied blankly. Well that's a little rude, I thought. "Are you doing anything tonight?", she asked sweetly. "I'm going out with uh... My girlfriend", he said sounding quite awkward. "Oh you have a girlfriend? Well I bet she's beautiful. I um, better get back to my band", she frowned before walking out of the room again. "Ooooo! Tony's got a girlfriend!", I sang, "Go on then. Who is she?". "I don't actually have a girlfriend", he laughed nervously.

"Then why did you turn Bryony down?".

"I don't like her that way".

"Why not? She's a sweetie".

"I don't want to date her".

"She clearly likes you a lot, T".

"I don't care".