P A R T: S T A R S

"Never do a wrong thing to make a friend or to keep one."

-Xamdú

_______________________

Analia continued to look out a window watching as the snow fell to the ground. No one was outside today. The wind was howling, freezing everything it touched or so it seemed. This night reminded her much of the first time she had met the beautiful boy scared of everyone but her. She smiled as the memories spent in Asalph covered her mind like frost. She became frozen in time. 

"It was a cold night, much like this one."  

Analia spun around recognizing the voice. She was the woman from before... in Asalph. 

"Sydania," Analia murmured with furrowed brows. How had she gotten in here? The place was well guarded. 

The woman smiled and continued to eat away at a rotting apple. The fruit had long since stopped growing. It was late winter. The trees were in slumber until spring, so how? Analia moved away from the window, removing some of her hair away from her face so she could look clearly at the woman. Her hair was like a blackened waterfall falling down in cascades to her back. As she met with her eyes, Analia could not help but think of the cold, gray steel of a sword, uncaring and unfeeling. 

"When you met Karos," Sydania finished. 

She threw the apple onto the floor causing Analia's eyes to follow where it landed and saw the girl from before as well. The girl picked up the apple core and placed it back onto a plate Analia hadn't noticed was there before. 

"What are you doing here?"

"Should I not be asking you the same? Karos no longer has need of you. So why are you here?" Sydania laughed and continued before Analia could give an answer. "His mother was a whore and because of her he became one as well... Am I right so far?" she smiled causing Analia's face to pale. 

"Ah, do not be so frightened. I can take a peek into your mind ever so often. It amuses me so, the little thoughts that swim around in your mind. Murder, jealousy, vengeance, death... We have much in common," she laughed. "You and I."

Analia looked back at the girl now approaching closer causing Analia to look around for a dagger, but there was not one to be found. 

"Oh, stop it. We are both women. You must trust me in this. I will not harm you. Yet." 

Analia swallowed dryly as Sydania beckoned her closer. 

"Come here. Come sit by the fire or shall we gaze at the stars together? One tends to lose their self in the beauty of them revealing all of your secrets to them as a result."

Sydania rose in a beautifully crafted dress of made of the finest, dark blue silk and lace. Analia was quick to turn and face the window trying to slow down her heart. It quickened the moment she felt the touch of her hand on her shoulder going down her bare skin. 

"So tell me yours," Sydania breathed into her ear. 

"I have none to share."

"No? Then continue you on with your story. I would like to hear more of it." 

Analia clenched her hands against the sill of the window and did as was told as soon as she noticed Gretcha nearing. Or, at least, so she would have liked to think. This was a story she had wanted to tell, no matter what monster was listening.

"He came to us on a snowy night much like this one. Andel had carried him on his back. It was just him and I then... and Fariel who had commissioned Andel to get him."