Chapter 2

Picture of Hannah before her transition ^
-------------------------------------------
When I got to school I headed towards the library since nobody really wanted to talk to me now. I searched for a book. A book called "The Hunger Games" had caught my attention, since I heard many times that it was a great book.

I went up to the counter to see a cute guy working the library. He must of been a student library aide. He was so cute! I guess he wasn't in the popular group cause I had never seen him before.

"Umm... So are you ready to check out or are you going to stand there daydreaming all day?" the guy chuckled.

Oh crap! I was so embarrassed to realize that I was staring at him for so long. I felt my face grow hot.

"Oh yeah..sorry," I mumbled. Normally I would have responded with confidence but today I didn't have much self esteem.

I handed him my book. He scanned it and handed back to me.

"So what is the famous Hannah Rose doing in a lame place like the library?" He asked.

"Honestly I don't know. Before yesterday, I would of never thought of stepping foot in here."

"Well I hope you like it. I surely love being in here. Great book by the way, hope you enjoy it," he said with a grin.

"Thanks," I said heading out the door. It was nice to socialize with people outside of my inner circle. My inner circle of fake, phony, superficial friends to be exact. The library guy and the girls I had sat with at lunch seemed to be kind genuine people. The girls I have always hung out with have always been so rude and judgmental. I guess I was too busy being like them to notice that we used to do and say terrible things.

On my way out the door I  saw Caroline and Jenny( my ex-besties) coming my way. 'Oh great' I thought. Caroline looked down at my book then back up a me.

"Going nerd-style now?" She asked with a rude tone in her voice looking at my book.

"Ugh.. No, you can't judge me until you take a walk in my shoes" I said feeling smart for saying such a meaningful phrase.

"Eww. We would never want to take a walk in your shoes" Jenny said looking a my shoes in disgust.

"That's  not what I meant," I rolled my eyes.

"We don't care what you meant" Caroline snapped. "Just know as long as you look like a bum off the street you can't talk to us"

"Oh shut up Caroline, knowing the way your friends act, they will probably backstab you next," I say.

"No because they actually like me" Caroline laughs.

Then they walked off like wannabe queens.

----------------------------------------------

For lunch I found Kaley and the others. I was so excited to see friends that didn't judge me. On my way to their table I felt an object that made me trip, making my spaghetti and corn fall everywhere. I looked up with a depressed look. I had the worse of luck lately. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE was staring at me. I looked to see what I trip on. It was a foot in a red heel. I looked all the way up and saw Macy with her evil grin. Ugh.

"OMG Han Han, I am so sorry," she said in a fake voice. Then she walk right past me. She is so rude, she didn't help me up or anything. All I got from her was a simply 'sorry'.

I started to hear the whispered of the people in the cafeteria.

"L-O-L. What a loser."

"I never thought I would see Hannah look so pathetic."

"Is she seriously carrying a book?"

Then I heard Kaley rush my way " Oh gosh, are you alright Hannah?" She helped me up and we headed straight for the restroom. I couldn't help it any longer, right when we reached the restroom I bursted out crying. Kaley was trying to cheer my up by patting me on the back.

"It's going to be okay Hannah," Kaley quietly said.

When I finally stopped crying Kaley truly wanted to know what was wrong. I told her about the money problems, ex-besties, my crush and his snobby girlfriend. Kaley just sat there truly listening the whole time. When I was done talking she said "well you have us now and we are going to protect you and if you ever feel like you need to talk im always here for ya."

After that I hugged her. She was the bestest friend ever! If only I had meet her earlier in my life, instead of being friends with egotistical snobs. Which I know must sound ironic since I used to be just like them. However, now I am seeing things from a different point of view. A better point of view.
-----//----------------------------------
VOTE AND COMMENT GUYS !! <3