Chapter 21

"Oh shoot! Hannah! I'm so sorry," Brent said pushing Anna away from him.

  I already had a tear in my eye and started to back away from the scene until Brent grabbed my wrist. How could he do this to me? He was the sweetest guy I ever had a crush on.

"Let me explain," he said with hurt in his eyes.

"Explain what? Huh? I know what I saw," and with that I slapped him and quickly walked off.

  My head was full with anger. I felt betrayed and I found myself outside on the porch balling my eyes out. I don't know why I was so surprised. I should of expected this.

"Hannah?" Daniel said.

I didn't answer.

"What's wrong?" He said sitting next to me.

"Nothing," I cried.

"You can tell me," he said wiping my tears away.

"Why? You can't do anything about it," I said.

"I can try."

I ended up telling him about everything with Brent and Anna. He sat there and actually listened and at the end he hugged me, a long comfortable hug. Then we continued to sit in silence.
-------------------------------------------
The next day at school I was getting my books out of my locker and I saw Brent walking down the hallway with a bruise near his eye. Part of me wanted to go up to him and ask him about it but the other part hated him.

As I was standing there Daniel walked up to me.

"Hey," he said

"Hey," I softly responded.

"Do you want to talk to him?" Daniel asked knowing I was looking at Brent.

"No, I was just looking at his bruise," I said.

"Oh, about that.." Daniel said. Just then I put the pieces together.

"You didn't?" I was shocked.

"What?! The dude had it coming, and besides you're the one who said I couldn't do anything about it and I did," Daniel said trying to justify his action.

"He didn't deserve to get beat for it," I said.

"Ehh.. He will get over it," he calmly said.

Then Kaley came over to us.

"Hey Hannah, I have all your homecoming posters in my car, you can put them up after school," she smiled.

"Thanks Kals," I said. I was glad I had something else to think about besides the whole thing with Brent.

"Your running for homecoming queen?" Daniel smirked.

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes and walked to class.
----//-----------------///------------
After school I meet Kaley at her car to get the poster.

"Wow they look great," I say.

"Thanks," Kaley said grabbing them.

At that moment I saw Ben who I haven't talked to in a while walking across the parking lot.

"Hey Ben, want to help put up my posters?" I said loudly.

"Sure," he yelled running over.

"Really? I thought we didn't like him," Kaley whispered.

"He is just an old friend and besides we could use help," I said.

We went in the building and started taping my posters to the walls.

"So, do you think you have a good shot at winning?" Ben asked me.

"Ehh.. I don't know. I haven't checked who I am running against yet," I said.

"Oh I can tell you that. It's Caroline, Macy, the cheer captain Lisa, and some nobody named Charlie," he listed everyone.

"Yeah I have a ten percent chance of winning" I laugh.

"Well don't be so confident," Ben sarcastically said.

"I think you have a great shot," Kaley said.

"Really? I don't even know why people would vote for me," I said worriedly. I hadn't really contributed to anything at school. Like I was not apart of any clubs or organizations.

"Well you recently threw an awesome party, you are still popular, you are pretty, and you are getting a lot nicer," Ben gave me a list of reasons.

"Yeah, and you're really sociable and friendly" Kaley chimed in.

"Haha thanks but we will see.." I said with a smile.
--------------------------------------------
The next morning a walked into school and everything was perfectly fine until I realized that something was missing, my posters. Instead I saw a bunch of Macy's posters everywhere. I'm pretty sure Macy and her petty minions were behind this.

I went to find Macy.

"Where are my posters?" I asked her.

"Blaming me for something you don't have proof of?" Macy asked.

"Don't answer my question with a question," I frowned."So where are they?" I asked.

"Umm.. Let's see... There in the garbage, where you belong," Macy laughed.

"That is not funny at all. My friends and I spent a lot of work on those, and why do you feel the need to cheat? Afraid of a little competition?" I questioned.

"No. Everyone knows you aren't going to win. It's going to be either Lisa or me. So I don't
even know why your trying so hard," Macy said. "Oh by the way stop associating with Ben, he is still mine," she slammed her locker and walked away with her high heels clacking.
___________________________
Please vote :)