Chapter 23

"So who are you taking to homecoming?" I asked Ben as I got stuff out of my locker.

"I don't know, I was thinking about taking Kaley," Ben said.

"Omg," my eyes widen "I'm pretty sure she would love that!" I said a little too loud.

"Shhh... I'm not sure yet," he lowered his voice.

"Why not? Are you nervous Ben?" I grinned.

"No," he stuttered.

I just stared at him waiting for the truth.

"I'm not going to said yes," he said leaving.

"Fine. Be in denial Ben" I called out.
-------------------------------------------
Before lunch I went to my locker to get my packed lunch and I found a note in it.

Be prepared to be picked up at 6:00 tonight ;)
-Daniel

I smiled at the note. I guess he was going to try to woo me.

After, I walked to my lunch table.

"Hey Hannah," Kaley said.

"Hey Kaley, what are you girls talking about?" I asked with a smile.

"Homecoming, we all have dates except Kaley and you," Sam said. I hadn't told them about Daniel yet. I felt like it was too soon and I wanted to wait until he asked me in a better way.

"Wow look at you ladies getting your flirt on," I laughed and they did too.

"Yeah I don't think anyone will ask me," Kaley frown.

"I think someone will," I smiled knowing that Ben would eventually get over his fear.

"Like who?" she asked.

"You will found out soon," I answered.
-------------////----------/////----

It was 5:50 and I was waiting by my door for Daniel.

"You look cute," my mom said.

"Thanks," I laughed. "Going on a date." I said.

"Ah, did you and Brent make up?" She asked.

"No. It's a different guy," I said.

"Oh well ok, make sure he is actually worth it this time," she winked and went upstairs.

Ding dong

I heard the doorbell and waited a few seconds before opening the door so I didn't seem desperate.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey, you looked beautiful as always," he said.

"Thanks! You look great too" I smiled.

"Well duh," he grinned.

We walked to his car and he opened the door on the passenger side for me.
I widen my eyes shocked by his gentleman act.

"What? I obligated to do this," he said.

"Well it's cute," I grinned getting in the car.

Then he got in the car and started driving.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"To the park for a picnic and then I figured we could do something fun like laser tag," he answered.

"Sounds perfect!"

We got to the park and Daniel had everything. First he spread out the blanket and then lit candles since it was getting dark. Next he brought out the basket of food. It was regular picnic food like sandwiches, fruit, and desserts.

"Yum, these sandwiches are really good," I said taking another bite.

"Great because I made them, and my mom helped make the desserts," he said.

"Well everything is great."

As we ate we talked about school, life, our life goals, and made jokes. Daniel was actually an interesting person.

"So how come your always in detention?" I asked.

"I'm always late to class," he said.

"Then walk faster," I suggested.

"I guess I could," he smiled. "So Hannah Rose would you do the honor of going to homecoming with me?" Daniel asked giving me a dozen pink roses.

    I sat there a moment and looked at the flowers. They were beautiful and this whole picnic was perfect so far.

"Yes, I would love to," I smiled and he smiled back.

"Oh thank goodness. For a second, I thought you were going to say no."

After the picnic we went to play laser tag. Which was fun but tiring, Daniel and I were on opposite teams and he kept chasing me. His team ended up winning but I didn't care because I was having so much fun.
-----------------------------------------
VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE!

There is going to be one more chapter after this :)

Thanks for all supporters so far! :)