Heart Of Gold, Turned Into A Heart Of Stone...

"Awwwe, are we here already?" I bickered, refusing to come out of the car. Damn, I could get used to this.

"Oh Common, you already made me wait for so long; please don't do this to mehe pouted.

"But I want to go for a ride. It feels so heavenly and comfy in here" I said delicately running my hand on the seats.

"Fine. How about I make you a deal?" he asked making me raise an eyebrow. "I'll let you drive it on our way back, provided you get out of the car right now!!!"

"YOU WON'T" my eyes would pop out any minute. "REALLY?"

"Yeah, why not?" he smirked, noticing my reaction.

That's all I needed to hear to shoot up from the seat and reach his side, making him laugh.

The evening went well, with us laughing and passing comments about each and everything surrounding us. It became even more interesting after we found out that we were from the same school, only different branches. It's always fun when you have someone you can connect to. They immediately understand what you mean and you don't even have to make an extra effort to understand them as well.

All throughout the evening I saw his eyes twinkling with happiness. He also had an amused look which was bugging me and I at last blurted out.

"Something funny?" eyeing him with suspicion

"Eh? No... Not at all" he said, without looking at me

"You can tell me, you know. I won't bite you." I snickered.

"You are very spirited and restless" he acknowledged.

"That's how I roll honey!"

"And I like it"

"It's nice you do" and with that there was an awkward silence. I knew he wanted to say something. He was on pins and needles the entire time and seemed to contemplate on coming out with it.

I on the other hand wanted to make it clear to him that I was already with someone, just to make sure we were on the same page. I suddenly started feeling guilty. Did I give any wrong impression to him? Did I just lead him on by accepting to go out with him?

"I..." we both started off at once only to shut up hoping the other person would continue.

"I'm sorry. Please go on." he said with a austere look on his face, like he already knew what I had to say.

I started procrastinating, thinking of how to say it. I finally lost it and spilled the beans.

"I have a boyfriend and he has Cancer!" I nearly screamed. Guess there was a load of pent-up emotions waiting to come out.

His jaw dropped. By his reaction, it was not hard guessing that he was least expecting to hear that. I could see pain flash through his eyes, just for a brief moment. There was a long pause and I suddenly felt claustrophobic and decided to come out to the balcony. The cool breeze made the tears flow quickly and treacherously and I didn't feel like controlling them. Only I knew how it felt.

I felt someone come and stand close to me. I slightly turned around to see Zean looking at me searchingly. I would understand if he was in a loss for words. It was not very nice of me to blurt out something like that in the first place. I felt a reassuring hand on my shoulder detonating the hurt bombs I have been carrying along for so many days. I suddenly went weak on my knees, but he scooped me up with a lightning speed only to hug me tight, me drenching his crisp blue shirt and ruining it. How lady like! Real classy! I yelled at myself, in my head.