The Dream And The Monster...

I am running, tripping over the stones, thorns scratching and tearing the flesh off my legs. I have to run. I muster up all my strength. This is my ticket out of this hell hole. I can see the windmill on the horizon. Almost there, perfect. I suddenly see shadowy figures charging towards me. They will easily outrun me in a matter of few minutes. No. This can't be happening. I pick up speed, but am abruptly on air. He got me by the neck. I start choking, taking deep breaths, praying for the oxygen to reach my lungs. No use, he got me, everything is over now.

But just when I decide to succumb to death, I fall on the ground. With oxygen rushing into the system, I can at last see the sight in front of me. A huge, bald man stands wielding a massive sword, resting across his shoulder. The moon lighting one side of him and the tattoo in the other part, spitting fire.

"You must die" I hear him thunder, the sword, on its way to behead me...

Amaya's P.O.V 

I woke up with a start, heavily panting, my neck and shoulders glistened with sweat. My head hurt badly and I was not able to shake myself off the dream. It seemed so lucid. As I reached for the water jug, I saw a black figure move towards me. My heart stopped. Maybe it wasn't a dream. It's real. I am going to die. I froze.

Zean's P.O.V

"Amy?" I slowly went towards her, afraid to scare her further.

I had been sleeping on the couch as the thought of leaving her all alone, scared me. I heard someone gasp and woke up to find her sitting on her bed, with a mortified look on her face. What happened? A nightmare?

I saw her reach for the jug, but stop mid way. Her expression seemed to deepen, like she realized something. Oh shit! She doesn't know I am here. She thinks I am someone else.

By the time I realized this and started walking faster, something hit me, on my head and she started screaming.

"Oww. Amaya! It's me! Zean" I winced. I would have to do something fast, to stop her scream. It's a hospital for Christ's sake.

She wouldn't stop screaming, making my head throb louder. I closed the remaining distance in one leap and covered her mouth from the back. Man, she is heavy.

Amaya's P.O.V

"Amy, it's me!" he breathed into my ear "Zean."

I suddenly couldn't register anything in my head. Something was wrong. The pieces were not fitting the puzzle properly. I felt him coiling his hand across my shoulder. I tried telling myself that I had nothing to worry about as he was here now. I suddenly felt my spine chill and was in a desperate need for warmth. I turned around and hugged him, happy to have someone beside me. He hugged me back and kept running his fingers through my hair murmuring that it's going to be okay and all! Flashbacks enveloped me as I was reminded about my fear. I clutched his shirt tightly. What would I have done, if I was alone?

The last few days of emotional drama had taken its toll on me. Missing my exams, learning that Rex has Cancer and the mystery of how he ended up in a totally different place altogether. I was not prepared for all of these things to heap up on me. I was honestly glad that Zean was there to support me. We really were hitting it off big time! Whenever he was around, I would always laugh at his stupid jokes and be myself. There was never a silent moment as either he or I would chatter away to glory. It was refreshing for a change, to not worry about some things and enjoy every day as it comes.

I don't know when I dozed off. I seemed to have slept a lot because when I woke up, it was already over 24 hours and I was ready to be discharged. The stinging feeling on my head didn't lessen, so the doc wrote me few medicines. I decided to change into comfortable clothes and frowned, when I noticed that I had none.

"Here you go. Wear this" and he threw me shorts and a plain, black tee. How does he know my size?

"What? It was just a good guess that's it!" he confessed, putting both his hands up in the air.

"Whatever!" I turned my back towards him and smiled. Ass!

It took me a few minutes to freshen up and change and I went down to find him. He had filled up all the formalities and settled the bill. We both were famished as we hated the hospital food and I had barely eating anything. So we decided to do brunch and drove to a restaurant. My head still hurt but I had to be strong.

I had a plan...

***Another Chapter done. So, what do you think her plan is! It's fun to be back on Wattpad. I missed it! Have made lovely friends since past week. Thanks for the inspiration, the support and the criticism... Loving every moment of being here. Happy New Year again! Comment, Vote or simply write back saying you hated it! Just do something! :D :D :D !! Peace Out !! <3 <3 !!