The Rocky Road To Orleans...

Zeans's P.O.V

By the time we entered Orleans, it had turned quite cold. I was glad that we decided to bring warm clothes as well. Seeing her shiver; I stopped the car to pull out my coat and cover her. She had been sleeping for over an hour now and I was getting terribly bored. I badly wanted to wake her up. No you idiot! Let the poor thing sleep. She is tired! Finally, I gave up fighting with my brain and concentrated on the road.

After about an hour of driving, we reached our destination.

"Welcome to The Grand, sir" said the cheerful receptionist.

"Hey! Thanks! Could you just tell someone to take it up to the suite please?" I asked, motioning towards the bags on the backseat.

"Sure sir! Right away!" she replied, clicking her fingers at the bell boy, who hurriedly started picking them up. "Enjoy your stay here and in case you want something, call me" she winked.

"Sure!" I smirked. Women! The more you ignore them, the more they fall all over you!

We entered our suite. It was huge. They could have built an amusement park in its place. The living room had a beautiful wooden-carved fireplace, an office, a dining room and a private sauna. Extensive amount of show pieces and vases, adorned with exotic flowers, made us feel like we were in heaven.

"Wow! Awesome!" she chirped, wide eyed. "Let me go check out the bathroom!"

I laughed as she ran across the room.

"Sweet mother of Jesus," she exclaimed, coming out,  "A couple of elephants can take a bath in that Jacuzzi!"

"Well, we paid for it! We deserve it!" I stated as a matter of fact.

"Hmm... Now let me go pamper myself, and then we will start off with our mission" she grinned. Women!

I walked to the bedroom and fell in love with it, in one glance. It was the sleekest room I had ever seen. The colors and details were to the minimum but the bedside lights were a beauty. It had a masculine scheme to it and relief washed over me, as I was terrified of laces and bows. Yikes!

Amaya's P.O.V

I was so happy that I had the bathroom near my bedroom. It had been quite a while since I stepped into the Jacuzzi and the water had almost gone cold. I wrapped a towel and checked to see if Zean was in the vicinity. Good! I should hurry! I ran, almost tripping on my towel and shut my bedroom's door with a loud bang. Phew! That was close!

I turned to find the most beautiful bedroom I had ever seen. It felt like, someone had designed it, keeping my taste in mind. It had all shades of purple, my favourite color. The jewel-toned bedspread and the glass-topped bedside table added to the bold and playful look. I mentally photographed the beauty in front of me. I was so going to own one like this, one day.

I put on my clothes, admiring the beauty of the room. I started brushing my hair, when I heard the knock and went to open the door.

“Nice room, but mine is nicer!” he spoke, looking around the room.

“Your's might be, but I love mine! Thank you!” I said, looking at the room like it was my own baby.

“Okay! You need to see something!” he was serious, “It’s time.”

“What?! Is something wrong” I was worried. His expression confused me. It showed hurt, pity and at the same time he seemed furious.

There was a huge artwork in the living room wall. It was 'Summertime II' by Maureen. And with a click, it opened. The wall behind the painting slid, for us to walk right into it. A secret passage! Where are we in? Narnia?

"Shut up and hold my hand," he whispered, "it's pretty dark inside." I might have spoken too loudly.

"Where are we...?" I started

"Sssh... You will see!"  he kept the index finger on his lips, motioning me to keep quiet.

It was really small but scary. The only light I could see was the one faint streak from the living room. And then we stopped. I could hear faint noises from the other side, which probably was the next suite. Zean started listening to the voices intently, making me lean in and concentrate. First, I couldn't understand what they were saying, but the voices belonged to a boy and a girl. They were giggling loudly, as if they were drunk.

And then it struck me...

No. It can't be!

***Well, another chapter done. Hope you like it... On the side, is a song, I am hooked to. Love is a battle, isn't it? This song makes sense here... :) So, my munchkins... Go on... Comment, vote and like or tell me where I am wrong... Looking forward to hearing from you soon.. Peace Out <3 !