Chapter 12

Here is Chapter 12:)

It's in Madeline's POV:)

Today, I will be gradually updating this book all day long:) So, please enjoy:)

-Careforbooks!

Oh, and the Bible verse that she is reading in this chapter is Isaiah 40:28-31:)

God bless!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 12

---Madeline’s POV

Madeline paced in the open range of the den as she thought and debated over what she had just discovered.

For some odd reason, she had read that verse over and over again but, not until this day, she didn’t really take it to heart and understand what God was saying to her.

Madeline couldn’t believe that she had let the devil win with her.

Even if it was only for a small amount of time, she let him sneak his slivering ways in. She followed his lies, blaming God for no good reason.

“Okay, God.” She said and paused in her footsteps as she stared at the Bible sitting in the coffee table.

“I’m going to read that one last time and I want you to reveal it to me, once more.”

 She walked slowly to the table and slipped to the carpeted floor.

She sat cross legged with her hands in her lap as she whispered the verses again, but aloud.

Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, And those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.”

Madeline sighed in confusion. She believed every word she had just read. She couldn’t even begin to fathom that God actually wanted her to know, cared enough about her to even let her know, that He cared.

He actually cared. She knew that she had to wait on the Lord. He was going to renew her strength.

Madeline stood, and shut her Bible. “I’m listening, Lord. And I’m waiting.” She walked towards the living room as she heard a noise. She turned the corner to see Ethan coming through the door.

“Hey, Sweetheart.” He said as he slipped his shoes off and sat his briefcase at the door, which he never did. She wondered what was up with him.

He looked happier than he had been in months.

He made a confused face as he walked toward her.

“Why do you look so happy?” He asked humorously and she bent down to give her a kiss.

“I was just about to ask you the same thing.” She replied.

Did she really look as happy to him as he did to her? She didn’t know. All she knew was that if she waited on the Lord, He was going to renew her strength.

“Well….” Ethan drifted as he scanned the refrigerator. He pulled out an apple and bit into it as he shut the door.

“I kind of see God’s point of view. You know, on our whole situation. I get that He wants us-“

“To wait on His will?”  Madeline asked while Ethan’s face lit up with a hint of a smile.

  “Yeah.”  He said in one swift breath.

“And that He will give us strength to endure the wait and He will make it worth the while at the end of the road, because His will is always best?” Madeline asked, knowing it was the correct answer, but just seeing if that is what he meant as well.

“Yes!” Ethan astonishingly said. “I’m so happy that we have come to terms with God. His perfect will is the best route to take, only because He is God, period! Not because we have to understand, but because He already knows.” Ethan said in wonder as Madeline wiped at the tear that had slipped down her cheek.

“Yes. That is what God showed me, too, Ethan. And I’m really glad He did. I really understand where He’s coming from with all of this. He wasn’t doing this to make us mad, or hate Him, or to cause us pain. He was doing it to show us how to lean on Him. He was being our Heavenly Father at the same time as He was being our teacher, Ethan. He wanted us to learn something. From all of this!” Madeline smiled as Ethan walked over to her and held her in his arms.

When he pulled away, she knew he was fixing to have something very interesting to say by the look on his face.

Oh, Lord Jesus. Why did you bless me with such a smart and sweet husband?