Epilogue

Hey guys!

Thank you all for all of your support! This chapter is dedicated to a very good supporter and FREIND of mine! Be sure to vote/comment for her book that is in Watty Awards as well, The Rebel!

I apprecate ALL of the support i have gotten on this! THank you all so mcuH!

-GOd bless

-Careforbooks!

=====================================================

Epilogue

Epilogue

“Be sure to get the flowers out of the back of the suburban, Travis.” Madeline said as she walked side by side with Ethan.

“Why did you forget them?” Ethan asked sarcastically. “Well, you try being 5 months pregnant! It’s not as easy as it looks and your memory seems to be one thing that drifts away.”

“And common since.” Ethan added softly.

“What did you say?” Madeline asked.

“Nothing.” Ethan said bent down lower to kiss her. “I love you.”

Madeline smiled. “I love you, too.”

“Ew!!” Two voices blended together. Madeline looked down to see Brianna and Benjamin and laughed.

“What?” Madeline asked.

“You and Daddy were kissing. Yuck!” They said simutaniously.

“Oh, why do they do that so much? Can you imagine the trouble we are going to have over them saying the same things when they are teenagers?” Madeline asked.

“Well, I guess that is what identical twins do don’t you think?” Ethan said, joking.

“That, and being four I guess.”

“Got them.” Travis said as he jogged his way up to stand beside them in front of his Mother’s grave.

“Bubba, can I put the flowers on there?” Benjamin asked.

“Hey! I wanted to!” Brianna interrupted.

“No! I want to!” Benjamin fought back.

“Guys!” Madeline said gently and watched as her four year old twins looked up at her.

“You can both do it.” She said. They both sat them down on front of Lucy Burmingham’s grave. Travis sighed.

“I sure miss you, Luce.” Travis said, referring to his biological mother.

“Bubba, is she in Heaven?” Benjamin asked his, now, 22 year old brother.

“Well, since she got back with Jesus before she died, repented, got re-baptized, and renewed in the Holy Spirit, yes, she is. And you’ll get to meet her in Heaven one day too.”

Travis smiled at his siblings.

“Was she a nice lady?” Brianna asked.

“Yes, yes she was.” Madeline said.

“Well, let’s get going you guys. We have a luncheon with the church at the park.”

“Yay!” Brianna and Benjamin echoed over each other.

“Come on.” Travis said as he held Brianna’s hand in his left, and Benjamin’s hand in his right.

As they walked back to the car, Madeline remembered something.

“Hey, Travis. Didn’t you say that your fiancé, Lisa, was coming down today or tomorrow?”

“Tomorrow.” He corrected.

“I thought it was going to take you forever to ask her, Travis. How long have you both been together now?” Ethan asked.

Travis smiled widely. “4 years.”

“We decided to wait until I’m done with Vet school to get married. She still has to finish Med school, so we’re going to wait about a year before getting married. She graduated from high school early, as did I”

Travis smiled proudly,

“and will be done next year. I’ll be done with Vet school in a year a half.”

 As they approached the suburban, Travis loaded Ben and Bri in their car seats and Madeline hopped in the passenger’s seat.

 Before Travis could get in, Ethan caught him.

“Travis. Wait a second.”

Travis turned. “Yeah?”

“I just wanted to say how proud I am of you. How far you’ve come. Look at you! You’re fixing to graduate Vet school, you’re getting married in a while, you’re a great big brother, I just feel like I should be waking up right about now, like it’s all a dream.”

 Ethan said in wonder.

 “Yeah, I know what you mean.” Travis said.

“But, what do I tell you every day to remember and never ever forget?” Ethan asked Travis.

“That God is God and that’s all we need to know.” Travis stated.

“That…and that God is, always has been, and always will be-“

“I know…” Travis cut him off, excitedly, because he knew the answer.

“God is the Miracle Worker.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------