Chapter 6

Okay! SO this is the real deal chapter here. Since it is a normal length.... lol :) This chapter is dedicated to a new found friend of mine! :) She is an AH-MAY-ZING writer! Please go check her page out and all of her hard work!!! I cant beleive I didnt check her out sooner! SHe is GREAT!!! Please, if you want to make me smile and very happy, go fan and vote for her:) Comment even, I'm sure it'd make her smile even brighter:) Lol

THank you all for all of your support along with this book! :D

-Careforbooks!

-------------------

Chapter 6

Madeline stood in front of the counter, cutting a tomato for her and Ethan’s sandwiches that she was making for their lunch. She really enjoyed the church service this morning.

Pastor Phillip had preached on why bad things happened to good people. How God saw each and every one of their future’s and, whether we knew it or not, there was a blessing coming from the horrible turning point in someone’s life.

Whether it be bankruptcy, death of a loved one, sickness, or addiction. God is there. He will deliver. You just pray. Hold on. He is the light and will never let the darkness win over his children’s lives. He is our Heavenly Father. He watches over us, even when we wonder sometimes. Remember the parable of the Shepherd who had 100 sheep, but 1 seemed to have lost his way and wondered off into an area that his shepherd didn’t want him to be in. An area that could possibly hurt him or even worse, ruin him for the rest of his life. Matthew, chapter 18, verses 12 through 14 says, “How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.”

 Luke 15, 4 through 7 says, “What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.”

Don’t you think that God is telling us something here? That when His sheep wander, He is our Shepherd. He goes and looks for us, and tries to get us back to safe ground, under His care, and does what’s best for us. Just trust God, church! He knows best!

Madeline remembered her preacher saying.

She loved today’s message. She really didn’t understand it fully, but she loved the impact it had had on Ethan. Even though his past is behind him, he still had a difficult time making peace with the hurt he had put God through by wandering off and staying gone for so long.

But now, he was under God’s care. Under God’s hands. He didn’t have to earn grace. Didn’t he know that? Madeline thought for a while before feeling a mild cramp in her lower abdomen.

She sat down the knife that she was using, and began rubbing her stomach gently. It seemed to go away, until it came back more viciously. Madeline jerked, involuntarily.

“Maddie? You alright?” She heard Ethan say gently. She looked up to see Ethan’s fear stricken eyes. Her worst nightmare had come true when she felt an awful gush of wetness flood below her.

She was too scared to look down, even though she wouldn’t be able to see anything taken her eyes were full of blurring tears. She caught a glimpse of horror on Ethan’s face.

As she began to cry when he picked her up in his arms and carried her out of the house like a child. “Please, God! Please, don’t let this happen! Please!”

She pleaded, with her face buried in Ethan’s shoulder. Ethan carefully placed her in the passenger’s seat while repeating

“No, no, no!” Between small sobs. He quickly jumped behind the wheel of the SUV and started their way to the Emergency Room.

The only thing that Madeline could think about was how bad she wanted to be a Mother. And how quickly that dream had been snatched away from her.

“God, why?” She whispered. As she watched the rain drizzle on the windshield, she thought of how God was mourning with them. She had to remember…

She was never alone.

---------------

-Careforbooks!