Chapter 10

hy!:) Sorry that is has taken me soooo long to get this to you guys, but i had to fix my hardrive...it was kinda being a weirdo lol :) ENJOY! :)

God bless!

-Careforbooks

-----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 10

(Ethan’s P.O.V)

“God, I’m so sorry. Who am I to get mad at You? The God of everything. Please help me to accept the path that You have chosen for me and Ethan. And please, God, In Your PERFECT time, Please bless Ethan and I with a baby. Just one. That’s all. I just want to be a Mother, Lord. I long to hold that precious baby in my arms, knowing that You are the only one who could make made that possible. Please, God. I know Ethan want’s to be a Father so bad, and I have let him down. Please, just bless us with a child. Please! Thank you for the many blessings on me. To You be the glory, Father. Your will, not mine. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.”

Standing out in the hallway with his head glued to their closed bedroom door, he heard Madeline’s aloud prayer.

She feels like she’s letting me down for not making me a Father?”

He thought. He walked slowly down the stairs to his office and sat at his computer. He began on a new column, hoping that would clear his mind.

After an hour of writing a few sentences he didn’t care much for and backspacing, he had finally came up with the perfect column to send to John. After sending it, he leaned back in his chair and stretched, as he always did.

The phone rang loudly, and he reached over to answer it before it woke up Madeline. “Hello?” He said in a groggy voice.

“Hello, sweet-darling. How’s Madeline doing? She okay?” He heard concern in Diana’s voice. He smiled.

“Yes. She is doing fine. She’s taking a nap right now, and I just finished up on a column. I must say, if it weren’t for that good husband of your’s I would have probably broken my 10 year strike from alcohol today. I owe him my life.” Ethan said out of thankfulness and gladness.

He heard a feminine and glorious laugh, so much like Madeline’s, over the phone. “No, you don’t owe him your life. Your life should belong to the Lord, fully.” Ethan smiled.

“I couldn’t agree more, Mrs. Nelson.”

“Well, now. Since Madeline’s taking a nap, you should get some rest too.”

“I will, don’t worry. Take care, Mrs. Nelson.”

“I will Ethan. Remember? I have a good husband here to watch out for me.” She let a giggle slip. “Tell Madeline that if she has a headache after getting up to put some ice on it and lay back down.”

Madeline had many migraine’s since he could remember. But, they seemed to get worse and worse with the pregnancy. He couldn’t even think of the pregnancy, now that it was discontinued by a Higher Power.

“Goodbye, Mrs. Nelson.”

“Bye-Bye, Ethan.”

He hung up and shook his head with a hint of a smile. Madeline was so much like her mother it was un-real.

Ethan walked slowly up the stairs as he sighed loudly. When he was at the top of the stairs, his eyes drifted to the room they had picked for the baby.

He walked towards it and opened it up to see a bare room they hadn’t started on yet. Good thing we didn’t. He mentally said, regretting his thoughts.

“God, I know you know everything, but, why? Why us? Why cant we seem to be parents? Just that small of a blessing… could You please just give us that?” He looked to the floor.

Who was he, to question the God of the universe? He was just a man. Not anyone special.

“God, just please. Please. Your will be done. Even if it mean’s us, never having………….a child.” He choked out as a fat tear rolled down his cheek. He couldn’t bare the thought or fact that it could be true, but, he knew that God had their best interests at heart.

No matter how blind the situation seemed at the moment, he knew it would come out in sunshine someday. Slowly, but surely. The brighter light would shine in their life.

He just had to wait…

Time…

Not his time either…

But God’s.

God’s perfect and beautiful time.