chapter 10

Kaitlyn's POV

"Yes! X-Factor's on tonight! I've been waiting forever!" I thought excitedly as I sat on my couch and hit the power button.

1st person...didn't make it.

2nd person... good job.

3rd person holy shit...

The third person was Niall.

"Why didn't he tell me? The better question is Why would he..." I thought as Niall sang.

After a minute of clustered thoughts, Niall made it....He actually made it! I grabbed my phone and dialled Niall' s number.

"Kaitlyn! Hey I made it!"

"Congrats Niall...."

"Kaitlyn, are you crying? What's wrong?"

"Why didn't you just tell me? I mean why would you right?"

"No it's not like that! I thought auditions were next week and I didn't know what to say..."

"Well dad, I'm happy you found somewhere to leave to after you toyed with my emotions."

"No Kaitlyn, I'm not like your dad at all! I would never hurt you or leave you! I already told you I love you and I meant that."

"I'll vote for you and do whatever I can do to get you to win but, Niall I don't think we should see each other anymore."

"No! No! No! Please, Kaitlyn I'm sorry I'll do anything to stay with you please don't do this!"

"I'm so sorry Niall."

And with that I hung up.

Tears poured from my eyes as I sat on the couch and memories played in my head.

Prom, meeting Niall, my parents, my brothers, everything.

I got up and walked to the bathroom.

I opened the cabinets and searched for what I was looking for.

"Finally!" I thought as I found the scissors.

I looked at my long hair that Niall and my family had been so familiar with.

As I stared at myself I cried because the memories still played.

I grabbed a ponytail and tied my hair up then, one simple cut above the ponytail.

My old hair fell to the ground as I dropped the scissors.

I ran my hands through my now short hair as I continued to cry.

"I have to leave. He's gonna come here as soon as he gets home." I thought as I shut the bathroom lights off.

"Fuck!" I yelled as I felt as sharp pain in my hand.

Blood was dripping onto the floor as I looked down.

"I don't have time!" I thought as I grabbed my phone off the couch and quickly dialled Ky' s number.

*RING! RING!*

"Hello?" I heard my brothers familiar voice say.

"Ky? It's Kaitlyn."

"Hey little sis what's up?"

"Ky I need your help."

"Yeah? Whatcha need?"

"Can I come stay with you for a bit? I um... I need to get away from somebody."

"Well, I'm busy all week but you can stay with Jesse."

"Cousin Jessie? She lives there?"

"Yes, but is that okay?"

I quickly glanced at the prom picture of me and Niall.

"That's perfect."