chapter 4

Niall's P.O.V

"So Mr. Happy today, C'mon tell me everything!" Said my mom with a smile.

Gosh, there was no getting past this woman!

She could always tell when something was up which was good and bad.

"Well mom...it's a girl...who is amazing, but we have only talked once. Today,actually. I've been in school with her since first grade we just didn't socialize I guess.I don't know mom it's complicated." I said while sitting on the island bar stool.

"You know Nialler, prom's this weekend. You could ask her to go with you. You do only have another few days here until you leave. So why don't you call her and ask her?" Said my very entusiastic mom with the biggest smile on her face.

"I think you just want me to go to the prom." I smirked as my mom made a face.

"It's the last prom you may have! Make it count!" She said basically begging me in a round about way to go to prom.

I jumped from the stool as I pulled out my phone to dial her number but, one problem, I don't have her number.

"I have to go do something. Not related to prom, cause that's for weirdos...psh...bye mom." I said awkwardly and quickly as I ran to the garage and grabbed my push bike.

I pedaled all the way to her house and my legs burned.

I threw my bike down and calmed down as I walked to the front door.

"Do it Niall! Just do it! It's just a girl, you're asking to prom. Who you also don't even know. Oh my God this is ridiculous. What the hell is wrong with me? " I nervously thought to myself.

I slowly lifted my hand and practically forced myself to knock on the door.

"Oh God...." I said out loud quietly.

No turning back now.

The door opened, and there she was no glasses, hair still silky smooth but now down, no baggy clothes...

She's beautiful.

She always was, but now it was visible and it was amazing.

I never knew...all this time she was so.... wow.

Yet she hides it at school, question is why?

She spoke and pulled me out of my trance,"Hi...Niall...what are you doing here?"

God I felt like an idiot.

This is ridiculous!

I finally cloaked out "Um...you wanna....I was wondering...if maybe...you would like to... you know....go together...with me....to prom?" I said sounding like completely stupid.

I was mentally face palming myself.

Of course she'd say no.

And before she spoke I just kept talking, it was like word vomit!

"I know we've gone to school together for a long time and we never really talked and we don't really know each other but I just- I was. I'm such an idiot."

She smiled and laughed.

Wow.

There were no words.

I started walking down the stairs as she stopped me.

"You know Niall....I'd love to go with you."

I smiled big and she smiled too.

Lord, did she have a perfect smiled.

Well that went better than planned.

"It's Kaitlyn right?" I asked just to be sure.

That made me feel like an ass.

She nodded and I smiled awkwardly.

"Well I um, call me?"

She nodded as she told me her number.

I programmed it and then went home knowing I had a beautiful prom date.