chapter 2

Niall's P.O.V.

"That was weird...why wouldn't she just talk to me?" I thought to myself. Paul walked up to my locker and punched my shoulder while laughing,

"Hey Niall, where did you run off to last hour?"

"Hi Paul, and no where certain I just...was trying to talk to a girl but she ran off."

"Niall... you better tell me this girl was a popular. You know the rules, no nobody's allowed."

"I know, C'mon let's go have lunch."

As we got our food in line I saw her, the girl from today.

Paul looked at me and walked up to her as she started to walk back to the table.

"Hey loser!" Paul shouted as she kept walking but, then 2 of Paul's jock friends stepped in front of her and only then did she turn to face Paul.

"Hey little miss mute where are you going? You don't have any friends so I wouldn't know why you're in such a hurry. Oh wait you got a little something..." Paul said as he shoved her lunch tray in her face and pushed her away.

"Take that loser!" He shouted as everyone in the lunch room turned to face the scene.

The girl started to open her mouth as if she was going to say something, but was hesitant and seemed to decide against it.

Paul took notice.

"Does her Royal shyness want to say something?" Paul smirked as he started to walk away.

"She might not say anything but, I will!" I said but as soon as the words came off my tongue I knew I was in for it.

 "What the hell did you just say?!"

"You heard me! Paul this is stupid why do you bully her? What did she do to to you?"

"She exists that's what she did! Losers don't belong with cool kids like us."

"Well I think she's cool..." As I said this the girl looked up at me in shock because of my words but, as soon as Paul looked at her she looked down.

"Really? Then you aren't as cool as we thought you were. Lets go! Oh and enjoy your lunch." Paul said as he walked to the table I used to be "cool" at.

The girl was crouching as she tried to clean up the floor

The school seemed to go back to their daily lives as if this thing never happened.

Pitiful.

I walked to her and tapped her shoulder lightly because her shirt was covered in syrup.

"Excuse me... do you want me to help?" Completely ignoring my question she said so quietly I could barely hear her, "why did you stick up for me?"

I was shocked she didn't start thanking me immediately, but I answered anyway.

"Because, you you don't deserve to be bullied. You never did anything to me so I'm gonna stick up for you." I looked  at her and saw she was covered in food.

"Um...thanks Niall." She said as she stood up with her tray and walked away before I could say another word.

Just then a paper was thrown at me saying "Back off she's MINE!"

What the fuck?

This day couldn't possibly be anymore weird.