Epilouge

Miranda's POV

It's been 6 months since we found out I was having a baby. It's been 3 months since I had the miscarriage. We weren't expecting it to happen and the doctors told me it wasn't my fault. After I lost the baby, Brantley and I started to fight a lot. It got so bad that we started sleeping in separate rooms. About a month ago, Brantley moved out. He said he couldn't handle it anymore and he left. I mean, I say he moved out but all his things are still here and he is out on tour. When he is in town, he stays with his mama and I only see him when he comes to pick up the kids. I can't even remember the last time I kissed him or the last time that I made him smile. I don't want to lose him. I can't lose him, he's my life.

Mama Becky and I have been talking and trying to figure out what's going on in Brantley's head. He is doing a show in Dallas this weekend, so I decide to take the kids to my parents in Lindale and then I'll head to Dallas. I'm packing bags for the kids when my phone starts ringing. I run from Harper's room to my room to answer it. "Hello." I say slightly out of breath. "Hey." I hear Brantley's voice on the other end and I fall to the floor. "You there baby?" He asks when I don't say anything. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to hear you say that." I tell him crying. "I miss you Brantley." "I miss you too angel. So much. I'll be home in a few days." He says and I slightly smile. "You're coming home to me?" I ask him not sure if I really want to hear the answer. "I'm coming home to you baby girl. I'm sorry I left to begin with." We talk on the phone a little while longer and I finish packing the bags. Now, I'm even more excited to go surprise my man.

I just dropped the kids off at my parent's house and now I'm heading towards Dallas. The closer I get to the venue, the more nervous I become. I just keep thinking to myself and hoping that he will be happy to see me. Given our phone conversation last night, I think he will be. As I'm driving to the venue, I call Brantley's drummer, Ben, to finalize the plan and find out where they are hiding me. When I get to the venue, I park my Tahoe behind all the buses where Brantley can't see it. Ben walks out shortly after I park and starts talking to me. "Brant is on his bus so we have to be real sneaky getting you on the band bus. He goes to meet and greet in about 15 minutes." Ben says as we start walking to the band bus. After about 45 minutes, I see Brantley walking towards the stage so I duck down behind some speaker cases. I watch Brantley's show and about 30 minutes or so into the show, I decide to wait for Brantley on his bus. I want us to have some privacy.

Brantley's POV

The show tonight went great. I couldn't stop thinking about Miranda. I can't wait until after the show tomorrow night so I can go home to my wife. I can't believe that I ever left the way I did to begin with. Mama kept telling me that I was a mess and that she blamed herself for the miscarriage and the fact that I left. I feel like such an ass. I start walking back to the bus to take a quick shower and call Miranda. I open the door and walk on to the bus. After I shut the door, I turn and see Miranda standing there by the couch with a smile on her face. "Hey baby." She says when she sees me. "Baby, what are you doing here?" I ask her. Miranda doesn't even answer me, she just runs and jumps into my arms. I wrap my arms around her waist and nuzzle into her neck and we both cry.

"I've missed you Brantley." Miranda says as she pulls away from the hug. "I've missed you too. I'm sorry I left. I hate myself for even thinking about it. I will never do anything like this again." I tell her grabbing her face to kiss her. "Damn, I've missed that." I say pulling away. "Look, Brantley, we need to talk about this stuff. I know deep down that you blame me somehow for losing the baby. I blame myself everyday. I've been a wreck since you left. It's been so hard." She tells me through her tears. "Miranda, I never blamed you. I know that it was not your fault. I was stressed out and upset. That's why I left. I thought that the way I felt, would make you feel worse. I just wanted you to feel better and be happy. I know that leaving you hurt you worse than I thought it would. That was the only way I knew how to handle it." I say to her trying to hold back tears. I feel like such a wimp right now. "I never realized how bad you were hurting baby. I was only paying attention to the way I felt. We have to talk about things like this Brantley. We are supposed to be here for each other." Miranda says grabbing my hand. "I can't imagine living without you." She adds. "You'll never to baby, I promise."

Tonight is my last show. Miranda and I are in Houston and she is watching me do sound check. I love watching her sit there and sing every word to my songs. I can't believe I almost lost her. "Wait, hold on." I say stopping sound check. "Baby, what do you think about singing with me tonight?" I ask Miranda. "What are you thinking baby?" "What about a mixture of Read Me My Rights and Gunpowder and Lead?" I ask her. "Yeah I think we can do that." She says with a smile. The band starts playing and Miranda grabs a mic and we start doing a run through. This sounds amazing and Miranda and I are excited to see how the crowd reacts tonight. I decide that I want this to be my encore tonight. After sound check, Miranda and I head to my dressing room to start getting ready before I head to meet and greet.

It's time for my encore and I can't wait for Miranda to come out. Read Me My Rights starts playing and I start singing. When I reach the chorus, that's when Miranda puts the chorus of Gunpowder and Lead in its place. Miranda walks out and the crowd screams louder than they have all night. After the song ended, Miranda and I head back to the bus. I tell my bus driver to put the Tahoe on the trailer with my bike and Miranda looks confused. "The bus is taking us to get our kids and then taking us home. I do not want to be apart from you anymore." I say as I pick her up and put her over my shoulder and walk her back to the bed. This bus ride is going to be fun.

Miranda's POV

We are back in Georgia and the kids and I are extremely happy that Brantley is home. After our talk, Brantley and I are closer than we ever have been. I'm in the kitchen making lunch and I can hear the kids and Brantley in the living room laughing. I wipe my hands off and go stand in the doorway and see the most precious thing in the world. Brantley and Carter are laying in the floor and Brantley is holding Harper up in the air and blowing on her little belly. All three of them laughing and I can't help but laugh and walk over to join them. These are the moments I live for. My husband, my kids, they are everything I ever dreamed of. I thank God everyday for blessing me with these three beautiful souls.