Eighteen

Miranda's POV

We've been home with Carter for about a week now. He's a pretty good sleeper. He only wakes up twice during the night to eat. Blake and his new girlfriend, Gwen, sent me flowers congratulating Brantley and I on the baby. Even though Brantley didn't say anything, I know that it bothered him a little bit. I'm sitting in the nursery feeding Carter when I hear Brantley's motorcycle pull up. I cover myself with a blanket and walk downstairs. I walk into the kitchen right as Brantley and Kolby walk through the door from the garage. "You guys have a good ride?" I ask them readjusting the blanket over my chest. "Yeah we did. It's a gorgeous day outside." Kolby replies. Brantley walks over and moves the blanket just enough to kiss Carter's head and then he turns to walk back out to the garage. Not even saying a word to me. I finish feeding Carter and pull my bra and tank top back on. I walk out into the garage and hand Carter to his Uncle Kolby. "Can you give us a minute?" I ask Kolby as Brantley walks out to the driveway. Kolby nods his head and takes Carter inside.

"So is there a reason that you're acting like such a dick?" I ask as I walk up to Brantley who is sitting on the tailgate of his truck. "What are you talking about baby?" He responds finally making eye contact with me. "You haven't said a word to me and you didn't even kiss me when you walked in." I said getting a little teary eyed. I didn't want to over think this because my hormones are still so crazy but I couldn't help it. "I'm sorry babe. I was expecting a delivery to be here when I got home. When I saw it wasn't here I got upset. I didn't mean to take it out on you." He says pulling me pulling me into him. He was about to deepen the kiss when we heard someone pull up in the driveway. When I turn around, I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Surprise!" Brantley says excitedly as I see a brand new Chevy Tahoe on a flat bed truck. "What is this?" I ask him confused. "We needed a family car now that we have Carter. This Tahoe is for you baby girl." They unload the car and I run and jump in it to look around. "Thank you baby!" I say excitedly getting out of the car and wrapping my arms around Brantley. Kolby walks outside with Carter and starts looking at the Tahoe. "This is badass Randa!" Kolby says coming over to us and handing Carter to Brantley. I look over at my Dodge Ram in the driveway and then I look at Kolby. His poor truck has seen better days and mine is only a couple years old and has low mileage. Brantley got Mama Becky a new car about a year ago and I think it's fair if I give Kolby my truck. He always says how much he likes it. I run in the house and grab my keys of the kitchen island. I walk back outside and while Kolby is distracted I tell Brantley what my plan is. He smiles and whistles for his brother.

Kolby walks over to us and looks curious as to why his brother called him over here. I don't say a word, I just hold the keys to my truck out. Kolby looks at me confused. "Kolbster, that truck now belongs to you." I tell him placing the keys in his hand. He looks at the keys and the truck and then turns and smiles at me. "Randa you are the best sister in law in the world. Thank you." He says excitedly hugging me. After Kolby left in the truck, and parked his bike in our garage, Brantley and I ordered pizza for dinner. Carter is down for the night and I'm cuddled up to Brantley in bed while we watch a movie. About halfway through the movie we are both sound asleep.