Sixteen

Miranda's POV

I'm now 8 months pregnant. Raelynn threw me the most amazing baby shower about a month ago and we got everything we needed. Brantley has been working super hard on the nursery. He wants to surprise me with it when it's done and I can't wait to see it. Mama Becky has been over here almost every day helping us get things ready. I'm very grateful for her help because my stomach is in the way and I get tired so fast now. Brantley is in the kitchen right now cooking dinner and it smells delicious. "Baby can you bring me some water?" I ask him as I lay on the couch. He walks in with a bottle of water and hands it to me then he sits on the end of the couch with my feet in his lap. He starts rubbing my swollen feet and my calves and I'm in heaven. "Dinner is ready baby. I'm just letting the steaks cool off a bit." He says as he looks at me and places his hand on my belly.

After dinner and the dishes are washed Brantley and I are sitting on the back porch watching the sunset. "We need to start thinking about names." I say with my eyes not leaving the horizon. Brantley sits there for a minute before he speaks up. "I like Hunter, Wyatt, and Lucas." He says looking over at me. "I like Wyatt. I also like Carter, Logan, Chase, and Daxton." I tell him smiling and placing my hand on his knee. After a couple minutes Brantley says "What about Carter Wyatt?" I say excitedly. "Carter Wyatt Gilbert sounds perfect."

Brantley's POV

After two long weeks, I have finally finished the nursery. I think I did a pretty good job. I did one wall with a light finished wood and the rest of the walls are a very light gray. I even found an antler light to hang over the crib. "Are you ready to see the nursery now?" I ask Miranda as I walk into our bedroom. "Hell yes!" Miranda says excitedly and clapping her hands. I walk over to her and help her out of bed. We walk down the hall and stand in front of the closed nursery door. "Ok baby, you ready?" I ask her with a grin. She nods her head and I open the door. "Oh my God! Baby I love it! You did so good." Miranda says kissing me roughly.

I wake up at 3 in the morning and I notice that Miranda isn't next to me. I instantly panic and jump out of bed. I look in our bathroom and she's not in there so I start walking down the hall. I look into the nursery and see Miranda sitting in the rocker next to the crib. "What are you doing up this late baby?" I ask her as I walk over to her and kneel down in front of her. "I couldn't sleep. I've been having some light pains in my stomach." She says rubbing her baby bump. "Do you wanna go to the hospital!" I ask her with concern. "No baby. I'll be ok. Go back to bed." "Only if you go with me." Miranda smiles and stands up and we walk back to our room.

"Brantley. Baby wake up." I hear Miranda say. "What's wrong angel? What time is it?" "It's 6:30 and I'm having contractions. They are about 15 minutes apart." I get out of bed and throw on my shirt, sneakers, and my hat. I help Miranda up and help her change clothes. "Let's go have a baby." I say smiling and kissing her. I grab the bag and everything else we need and we head out to my truck. In a few hours I'm going to be dad.