Twenty Nine

Brantley's POV

Miranda has been very quiet ever since we got to the restaurant. "What's wrong? Talk to me baby girl." "I know that I said I didn't want to talk about this Jana thing, but I can't stop thinking about it." She says meeting my gaze. "I just don't understand how you couldn't tell me." She adds. "I didn't want to tell you anything until I knew more. I know that I should've said something from the start and I realize that now." I tell her grabbing her hand that's on the table. "How old is Jana's daughter?" Miranda asks looking at me. "She's 5. Jana found out she was pregnant about 2 months after we broke up. That's why she figured she could convince me. She also didn't think is ask for a test." I tell her looking at her tear filled eyes.

Today is mine and Miranda's 3 year wedding anniversary. Things are still a little rough between us since the whole Jana thing. I went a couple days ago and got Miranda a new wedding ring set. I can't wait until tonight when I give it to her. Miranda is out doing some CMA promotional stuff in Nashville. I'm kinda nervous on what is going to happen because she texted me and said that Jana is there as well. I know Jana well enough to know that she will open her mouth, and I know Miranda will put her in her place too. "So Miranda, are you ready for an awkward encounter with Jana if it happens?" I hear Bobby Bones ask Miranda on his show. "Let's just say that I hope she decides against running her mouth at me today." Miranda says with confidence. My girl is tough, I like it.

Miranda's POV

I just finished my interview with Bobby Bones and ready to get him to Brantley. I'm walking down the hall when none other than Jana Kramer comes walking towards me. "My fight to get Brantley back isn't over honey." She says smugly walking past me. "Bitch, Brantley left you for a reason. He has me and his two kids, he doesn't need or want you." I tell her getting up in her face. "You're a worthless gash. He settled for you because I got married before he got divorced the first time." Jana says standing toe to toe with me. The next thing I know, I'm throwing punches and contacting Jana's face with each one. Once security pulls me off, I look down at her, smile proudly and walk out.

"Brantley, baby I'm home." I yell as I walk in the front door. I hear little feet running down the hall and then I see Carter come around the corner. "Mommy!" He says loudly running into my arms. "There's my little man." I say laughing as I wrap Carter in a hug. "Where's daddy?" "I'm right here. I just can't run as fast as that one." Brantley says walking up to me while holding Harper and laughing at Carter. "There's mama's angel." I say kissing Harper on the cheek. I lean over and plant a kiss on Brantley's lips. He goes to deepen it but I pull away. "Not in front of the kids. I promise we can later." I tell him with a wink. I get dinner cooked and Brantley and I both give the kids a bath and put them to bed. I'm in our bathroom taking off my makeup when a shirtless Brantley walks in. "I got you something. I know we agreed no gifts but I couldn't help myself. He hands me the box and when I open it, I see the most gorgeous wedding set that I've ever seen. "Oh my God! Brantley it's amazing. Thank you so much." I say wrapping my arms around him. He pulls away and takes off my ring and replaces it with the new one. "Daddy's getting lucky." Is all I say before I pull Brantley towards the bed.