Five

Miranda's POV

I'm in my bathroom getting ready for my date with Brantley. I've straightened my hair and pulled it back a little. I've finished my makeup and now I need to find a dress to wear. I walk into my closet and start going through the section with all my dresses. I find a dress that is black with gold studs all over it. I find my favorite pair of black heels and start getting dressed. I look at the clock after I finish putting my shoes on and I still have about 30 minutes until Brantley gets here. While I'm waiting I start getting more nervous so I start straightening up around the house.

I hear the doorbell and as I'm walking towards the door, I take one last look at myself before opening it. I take a deep breath and open the door. "Wow you look amazing." Brantley says as he takes my hand and makes me do a spin for him. "You don't look too bad yourself handsome." I tell him with a grin and a wink. He has on a black button down shirt and his dark jeans. And for once he isn't wearing his hat. He looks sexy. "You ready darlin'?" He asks taking my hand. "You bet. Let's go." I say locking my door and taking his hand.

We pull up to the park about 15 minutes later and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Brantley had set up the most perfect date. Lanterns hung from the trees and lit up the table. I can't believe he did all this for me. "Brantley, this is amazing. It's beautiful." I tell him as I pull him to me for a hug and I gently kiss his lips. "Only the best for you baby." He says as he pulls away from the kiss. He then takes my hand and leads me to the table.

Brantley's POV

We just finished dinner and we are sitting at the table having an easy conversation. I stand up and reach my hand out to Miranda. "Can I have this dance?" I ask as she takes my hand and stands up. "Yes but there is no music." She says with that cute little giggle she has. I pull out my phone and turn on Pandora and Luke Bryan's song Play It Again comes on. "Now there is." I smirk and pull her closer to me. I take a deep breath. It's now or never.

As we are dancing, I stop and pull back a little. I still have my arms around Miranda's waist and she has a confused look on her face. "There is something I have been wanting to ask you. I need you to let me say what I need to say before you say anything. I tell her and she nods her head, signaling me to continue. "Miranda, I've had a blast with you for the last month and a half. I literally hate being away from you and the though of you with someone else pisses me off. I want you to be mine. Will you be my girlfriend?" Miranda has tears in her eyes and I'm terrified that she is gonna say no. "Brantley, I feel the same way. Yes I will be your girlfriend." I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding and kissed her. I'm never letting her go.