Chapter 27 - Unravel Time

klaus

My hands on his neck...,well my neck was such a weird feeling. It felt as though i was strangling my self. The thought of that caused me to weaken the tight hold on his neck but still kept it solid. If i couldn't understand all this even a tiny bit i knew strongly i could not release this anomaly that stood in front of me. 

His hair was much shorter than mine and he was dressed in a rather peculiar fashion. Garments that i had never seen before. But i didn't have the time to ponder over who his tailor was and what his wacky brain was thinking. One thing was for sure, the face in front of me was equivalent to me staring into a mirror.

My expression was now of wonder, confusion and fear all at once. But the copy of me that i gripped had an expression of urgency mixed with rage from his...well my eyes. Well..our eyes. 

"Let me go now!" he shouted at me. Yes, that was my voice and it felt weird that i myself wasn't saying that very harshly sounding sentence. I was in a daze. Completely stunned that my mind...almost forgot all about little miss Katerina.

"I do not understand this, what even is this..." i uttered to the copy or clone or lord knows what of me who just hastily struggled in my distracted hold. Unfortunately, i hadn't contemplated his strength so he pushed me off and gestured to run down the steps to my personalized dungeon forcing me to return to the immediate consequences of reality. Katerina. Elijah. Damn.

Frightened that he would steal my Katerina from me as well as incredibly mortified that my hold of him was so easily broken, I impulsively leaped at him and we tumbled down the steps in a fast motion mess. We collided hard into the dungeon doors just to land on the dusty grounds. As we were tumbling down, my eyes had experienced a glimpse of green shade that had shined, but now it was all wafted up by the dust of the dungeon.

My thoughts quickly went on the defencisve. He may look like me but i had just gained all the power tonight and no one would be swooping in to take that control like it was a piece of uncomplicated cake. 

I coughed for a quick second from the leftover dust residue. Then i quickly grabbed hold of...the other me.. and slammed him tightly against the dungeon wall causing a clatter of empty chains on the ground to create a mini soundscape of destruction filled with metal and dust. As the unconscious copy of me slowly sojourned to the ground, i noticed there was no other beings in our surronding but me and my clone. 

No Elijah.

No Katerina.

I punched the dungeon wall in frustration and angrily kicked my copy in the gut. I feel the blood boil. My veins bulged. My fist clenched. 

"Get up!!!" i barked at him. I needed answers.

At first he hardly reacted to me, but then he looked up with a face full of disgust, "This is all your fault!!" he spewed out to me like a rebelious silly child. He began crushing the chains with one fist turning them to metal dust combining with the concrete dust on the ground. I didn't know what to think of him acting so tediously or his simple crushing of those, i had earlier perceived to be, impenterable chains.

He definitely was stronger than me. Tragically, i couldn't deny that. I felt more alienated than i had in a very long time. He held out his hand for me to help him up but i hardly flinched.

"What do you mean...my fault? Who the hell are you?!?" i spat out venomously. I was in no good mood today.

He grab me by throat and looked me directly in the eyes. His eyes began to glow and his face was full of veins. He was beyond frightening.

He whispered meticulously, "I am you" and threw my figure against the wall.

OH MY LORD!

The impact caused an imprint on the wall and my body to ache longer than it had ever before. Lord, i was strong. Well the version of me that stood right infront of me. I was caught in a sense of amazement and shock! How is that even possible? My brain ached from all these msytical conundrums.