Chapter 3 - Niklaus Mikaelson

katerina

I got into my dress.

I slipped on my shoes.

I asked the maid for some powder.

And i was ready to do...to do all i wanted to do. I wanted to dance. Dance with him, all night...long. Oh, Elijah had left for one last errand and when he returned we'd spend the entire night and maybe morning together.

"Thank you" i told the maid as she put away the powder. I watched a glinting shape around her finger, her ring looked exquisite, too exquisite for a maid. But hey, i was a prostitute in a queen's dress. So i complimented on her ring, "Beautiful ring by the way" and kissed little Nikole goodbye.

She looked at me with her big brown Petrova eyes and smiled at me. She'd drive the boys crazy when she'd be older, that's for sure.

"Thank you, ma'm" the maid told me, "I hope you have a great evening. I'll look after you're lovely little angle there" she assured me.

After smiling at the maid, i thanked her one final time. For some reason, i still felt like all this luxury would slip from my fingers, so i guess i tried to show as much gratitude for existence of the luxury in the immediate moment. But Elijah, he seemed...unforgettable. My mind didn't seem to want to ever let go of him.

My shoes felt like clouds. They had slipped on perfectly, with no dirt or rough bits of God knows what inside. 

I never wanted to take them off.

Closing the door to room that Nikole slept in, my stomach murmured with excitement and hunger. Mm hmm , and i smell turkey...i wanted to rush downstairs like a teenager would do, but i knew: i was no longer an adolescent. 

I was a woman.

 klaus

As my little minion knocked on my library's door, i could smell his potato stench from a mile off...no wonder his blood gave me so much energy. I prepared my self for the news. I hope it was one that tasted of success...for once.

I needed the doppleganger's blood now! My impatience was staking me every morning and every night.

"Come in" i told boy who was compelled to be my squire, as well as life source.

I heard the door slid open and shut, as i put away the leather red book i used to process my progress and failures in breaking my wolf-curse. 

His stench and nervous breathing was irritating, "Get to it, boy!" i screeched at him. My eyes like cannons, ready to fire. He jumped in his dark dark blue squire uniform at the sound of the impatience of my voice.

"Well sir i seem to have found that well you're brother has put on a feast at his smaller mansion in comparison to this your larger one and he said that you should come because it has been done and she is-" before the boy rambled on further, i stopped his mad talk.

"I understand, fool" the Petrova doppelganger would be in my possession...again. How could i have been so foolish to let her escape from my grasp back in Bulgaria?

I guess i was lost in her. The lust and fantasy that she could exist in my universe, like the one before her. Her. Who both me and my brother loved...intensely. But the one that existed now, she was...she was destined for something far more important.

She existed for only one thing:

To break my curse, that is all!

katerina

Walking down the marble stair case, i felt all eyes on me. Beady, little eyes that somehow managed to exist with such light colors. So different from Bulgaria. So different, and scary. They all looked like...him. Nikole's father.

And i wanted to...puke. And i wanted to run. Or hide. Or do something else. But that changed when i landed at the bottom of the stair case, because right in front of my eyes stood the most handsome gentleman in the entire room.

Elijah.

And all the doubt, fear, nerves left my soul. His eyes literally stole them from me. Oh God, his eyes. I would've kissed him then and there, but i hadn't forgotten the other 25 people in the shining ballroom. The ballroom shined because of the massive candle-lit chandeliers that hung above us all. Two on the far right and two on the far left. Even and perfect, bright and beautiful. Like Elijah.

How fast i had fallen? It was unbelievable. Incomprehensible. But so real. So real.

Elijah stole my hand in front of the entire society of English people and kissed the area right above my knuckles. I swear if hands could blush, mine would be blood red. 

At that moment, the entire peaceful atmosphere was broken by a loud knock at the two stone doors. 

"Looks like my important guest has arrived, Katerina, you'll love to meet him, you certainly will" Elijah said with a flirty, yet cryptic smile.

Hm, who could this guest be?

My prince-like Elijah swiftly passed through his many friends and guests to reach the door. At the door a little crowd had gathered, looks like this guest was so special, one of Elijah's servants would announce who they were.

"Presenting the highly honoured Lord and Scholar....Mister Niklaus Mikaelson!" the servant with the loud and echoing voice teared down all my happiness and safety in that one moment. He said the name of the Devil out loud. The name that ruined my life, but also somehow changed it for the better. But no, to me...no matter what, Niklaus Mikaelson will always be a monster.

I had to get Nikole.

I felt my heart sink. What was Elijah playing at?!?

My beautiful dress had begun to weigh down on me, almost stopping me from making any quick movements.

This magnificent moon-lit evening had infused me into a nightmare, where everyone looked like an enemy who wanted to help the monster that wanted to kill me. 

I had to get Nikole.

I had to get Nikole.

I had to save my daughter.

Before Niklaus Mikaelson finds her. 

Before her father steals her...

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

THANK YOU, YES YOU, FOR READING THIS CHAPTER! :D I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT! I JUST WANTED TO CHECK WITH YOU: ARE YOU ENJOYING KATERINA'S ROLLER COASTER JOURNEY? WHAT DO YOU THINK SO FAR? I'D LOVE IT, IF YOU COULD JUST COMMENT THE ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS I JUST ASKED PLEASE. THANK YOU! ;D HAVE A GREAT EVENING.....