Chapter 23 - The Truth Within

katherine

I had collected the information i needed from George Lockwood.

The council of Mystic Falls was planning something very big for us vampires.

Or as they dubbed them as mysterious animal attacks.

But George would help me in a little plan of mine.

The wheels were in motion.

I was in the upstairs of Lockwood Mansion. It was lit up just like the rest of the house, i hoped Stefan was here. I needed to explain to him. Well, i could just make him forget what he saw with me and Damon as well?

Hm.

My heart yearned for him and there he was. I smiled. Perhaps, this night would go just how i wanted.

He was staring at me like i was painting on a wall. It made me twinkle with a weird warmth. 

A warm warmth. He he.

"Come here, you" i told him. He smirked at me. His expression had changed from observant to happy. I was glad. I might not have to discuss mine and Damon's...relationship at all.

He came to me, his green eyes wonderfully magnified by the small candle on the table. He looked natural. Alive. Real.

He slipped my white gloved on to his own hand. 

As he went to kiss my covered hand, his green eyes stayed on my own brown eyes.

He opened his mouth, "You're an angel, Katherine. My heart never seems to feel down around" and with that his sensual lips touched the glove. I could still feel an electric spark. Unlike any other...

Unknowingly, my face moved slowly moved closer to his.

Stefan still held my hand. 

My eyes were still stunned by his compliment....i was so far from an angel. I almost felt bad that this young boy, whose heart made me feel real love thought i was something that i truly was not.

I was going to cry.

Stefan then told me, "I love you..." and i was just about to tell him the exact three words when something caught my eye outside the window....

Oh my lord.

It was Elijah.

I unclasped my hand from Stefan and waltzed right out and downstairs through the dancing noise and out of the Lockwood home.

I had to find Elijah.

I had completely forgot about our meeting.

I hope he had not thought too much about what occurred between me and...Stefan.

Bursting through the doors of the home, i felt the wind brush through my dress. I ran as fast as i could into the blaring wind.

It was magnificent the feeling.

I suddenly realized i was no longer on solid ground. Someone was holding me. We were in mid- air.

I opened my eyes and looked up to a sky full of stars. 

And...Elijah.

His eyes sparkling on me.

We landed in the woods and he just held me for a moment before releasing my figure.

"Elijah, i apologize...i completely forgot about our arrang-"

"It is fine, Katerina"

"Nothings fine..."

"Whats up?"

"Ha, what strange phrase, Elijah.."

"I just came up with it"

He was being flirty again, his fluttering eyes. Oh, God. He was a charmer and noble prince at the same time.

But no. I...

I was with Stefan right?

That hadn't stopped you with cavorting with Damon though, a part of me happily snaked.

True.

Very true indeed. So i decided i'd open up to Elijah....not a lot but i'd open up.

"Things are perfect in this pretty little town, its very intriguing though" i told him.

"Oh it is, is it?" he said, flashing a smile at me.

"Where's Nikole?" he stamped out randomly. I did not expect that at all.

My face was shocked as well as stunned. The way he said it, was he just working for his basted brother? Was i stupid for trusting him at all?

I looked at him with severe disturbance. I quickly scanned any ways for me to escape before i continued our chat. The woods were quite a big place in Mystic Falls. But did i even know how to get back to the Founder's Ball?

"What do you mean by that..?" i asked him and stepped back in unison.

"I deserve answers. What happened in that green portal you entered? What happened when you returned" Elijah was getting very close to me now, too close, "What changed? What happened to you're daughter?" he was interrogating as well as pleading to me, his eyes flashing with sad emotions, it hurt me, truly it did, "What changed so much that you stopped loving me?!?" he shouted at the top of his lungs then and i felt tears run down my eyes.

His pain, his hurt. They were so tangible. So raw. Still. 

And the tears falling down my eyes showed me my pain and hurt was still raw as well. It had been 300 years...but i still could not bear Elijah to feel any pain.

His stare was killing me. I touched his cheek gently. He even felt fragile.

I did not know i could cause this much pain.

"I am so sorry. I'll tell you everything..." and i did.

We sat talking the entire night under the stars.

And i told him everything.

And when i finally revealed that i had left Nikole in the future, i got not quit the sobbing. I had not thought about all this properly for so long.

I just wanted to forget it again.

But i looked at Elijah and i thought....

It was far from over.

I would kill Niklaus.

I still....

had the White Oak Stake!

And Elijah could get me to Niklaus.

If i know one thing about the Originals that is: Family is everything to them.

I bet Elijah is still in contact with that bastard.